• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Sidearm Training

Heya Crew, I am an insatiable up n coming discer, taking this summer to get my game to the next level (ie... PUTTING lol) and I am a natural sidearmer.

I am looking for huge snap with the FH both mega anhyzer and straight n low shots on small tee pads... I am NOT a super tall guy... 5'10" but longarms I suppose are part of my gig... I can rip em over 550 with the blizz boss when I nail it, 475 with heavy force's and getting more D every week...

so if you guys know any regular size guys who can rail it, and the distances that they can throw, those references would be lovely ^_^

I made a new post cause I didn't see any relevant thread titles for the last while in search, but if there is a holy grail thread that is older i'd take that link too gladly

It doesn't sound like you need more distance. Work on your accuracy and short game.

Heya Crew, I am an insatiable up n coming discer, taking this summer to get my game to the next level (ie... PUTTING lol) and I am a natural sidearmer.

I am looking for huge snap with the FH both mega anhyzer and straight n low shots on small tee pads... I am NOT a super tall guy... 5'10" but longarms I suppose are part of my gig... I can rip em over 550 with the blizz boss when I nail it, 475 with heavy force's and getting more D every week...

so if you guys know any regular size guys who can rail it, and the distances that they can throw, those references would be lovely ^_^

I made a new post cause I didn't see any relevant thread titles for the last while in search, but if there is a holy grail thread that is older i'd take that link too gladly

You may have the longest sidearm on the planet. Big Jerm and Ricky both turn to backhand for shots over 450'

Im currently throwing in the 770ft range but my game has been off. I suggest getting a 2kg discus and tossing it around the yard. Once you get that up to around 400' try a sewer cover, they are more stable but break in nice.

;)

I would love to see a video of how you throw. I'm still in the 400' range myself and would love to add some more D to my forehand.

Drop less acid, that seems to regulate expectations and assumptions.

Yeah it sounds like everyone here could benefit from your tips :| Including a few pros.

Dude I am right on with your body type and I am a forehand primary. I can flick a volt out to 370 max.. How are you getting that kind of distance? that is insane

550!?! wow that must be a killer forehand would love to see a video. I have hit 500 hundred before but usually max out around 425-450 with somewhat of an idea of the landing area. Usually anything that needs to be aired out over 450 I throw backhand because I have more control. That said I am only 5ft 6(that might be a stretch)

haha.... hows your backhand looking? :popcorn:
If you can seriously throw that far. Go to the Big D in the desert and bomb out there. Youll fair well!

Im there too. After watching Ghost Rider, I got an idea. I practice flicking heavy duty tow chains to strengthen my forearms and snap. Once I almost aced a 450' hole, the chain out turned a 28 chain discatcher back to a 24 chain.

DGCR rule: If you claim to throw over 400', prepare to be called a liar by people that don't know you.

Apparently, it makes them feel better about themselves.

Last edited:
Im there too. After watching Ghost Rider, I got an idea. I practice flicking heavy duty tow chains to strengthen my forearms and snap. Once I almost aced a 450' hole, the chain out turned a 28 chain discatcher back to a 24 chain.

I started strapping an Iditirod dog sled team to my arm and flicking against them, now I flick THROUGH the trees.

My friends call me the Emrald Ash Bore for all the trees I kill!

Latest posts