• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bill Allen DGC, The Colony, TX 18 holes?

i sent an email a couple days ago and here is the response i got back about the progression of the expansion.

Hi Zack-

As you know, we had an inordinate amount of rain the past several months, which made getting equipment needed for our work on the new course next to impossible to get into the park. Unfortunately, the rain also put us way behind schedule on several other winter projects, and with spring ball season upon us, our time has been focused on getting athletic fields ready for scheduled play. We simply do not have enough people and hours in the day to get it all done!

We will be moving forward on the project again in the next couple of weeks, and will likely be scheduling another work day soon to provide an opportunity for volunteers to come out and help us. If you and your friends are interested in helping get it done, please go to the City's website at www.thecolonytx.gov under News/Information and download the "Friends of The Colony" Volunteer application. I've also included the link below.

http://www.thecolonytx.gov/depts/pard/fotc volunteers/fotcvolunteerprogram.html .

Turn the application in to PARD and we will get your name on the list of people to be notified when we schedule a work day. Please pass this on to anyone else who might be interested in assisting.

We ask for your patience and understanding a little bit longer as we work to get this project completed. We are glad to know people are excited about this project getting completed!

Pam Nelson

wonder why they respond to you and not to me....
anyway, thanks for the update. Hopefully they get on the ball with it! If any of you guys are out at the "work day" whenever that is, I'll see ya there. Anything I can do to help speed up this process!

***update***

progress is being made on the course...went out today and saw that new baskets were in place for holes 8 and 9, in their new positions..i think will now be 17 ad 18...also installed up by the parking lot is a new practice basket(i think was hole 9's basket)
as i was leaving the course the bulldozers and **** were out, so im just excite to see the work finally being done

Great to hear! Thanks for the news.

I've never played the Colony before....and I live about 15 min away now that 121 is fully open. Need to get over there soon...

I noticed the other day that the big dip on hole 3 had been filled in with dirt (not very well but its a start)
Haven't played in about 2 weeks as I did something godawful to my hip out at Turner. Lol, wifey said she wouldnt take care of me if I hurt myself going out too soon.

ok well as of yesterday, they are moving along very quickly with the expansion...they have installed new tee boxes on some of the new holes and for the other they have it marked where the new boxes will be...i played several of the new holes yesterday....keep in mind if you go out there in the next few days holes 3 and 4 the baskets have been pulled and put in their new respected areas..also dont go out there and expect to play a new course, its still very early and alot of work still needs to be done

How long are you thinking till they are done

well almost all the holes are finished, still waiting for maybe 3 baskets, but it seems like they are doing something new everyday..i walked everyhole today played all of them with baskets...signs are going in as well...most of them are up but the length isnt posted on the signs yet

if you go play make sure you have a map or go with a local

They are still in the process of building teeboxes and stuff, so i dont want anyone to get the idea that they are done, its still an ongoing process . I will tell you guys that holes 10, 11 and 12 are sick, tucked away in the woods. Actaully they are kind of frustrating, I guess until some of the brush and timber gets stomped down, we will have to deal with things like that. We took at portable basket out yesterday and played a few of the holes that didnt have baskets and it took us like 3.5 hours just to finish 1 round. I think that was the first time that anyone has officially played the whole 18.
So if anyone is up for a little tour or whatever just let me know.

i believe the map of the new course is one page 7 or 8 of this thread and giles mentioned that its not exact but its somewhat close and you can kind of get and idea of where things are. I'm almost certain that a handful of the distances are off, according to the map.
As far as signs go, most of them are up with just the hole number. As of yesterday none of the teeboxes, signs and baskets are installed on holes 10, 11,12 and 13. You can tell where things will be with cones as the pin placements, but other than that you basically have to wing it. I suspect those holes will be finished next. The pond on hole 6 is not something you want to get into, its deep and very eerie looking. I'm hoping that the weeds and crap get cut down with the rest of the course when they mow, otherwise it's somewhat of an intimidating shot for newer players.
I'll try to answer any questions the best I can, keep in mind i'm not in charge of this project just a local resident who has pushed for this, so keep the bitching to a minimum

my bad Roc, i was in training all week with work, I'm now back on my normal schedule....i'm open for any time after 4 today and then i'm free this weekend and off M-T-W next week

Latest posts