• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bleeding

Horsman

Pandamonium Discs
Gold level trusted reviewer
Does anybody know of a way to keep the dye on a disc not to bleed and make the dye look fuzzy over time. Some of my favorite dyes are starting to get a bit fuzzy over time and was wondering if there was a way to stop it.

Some dyers freeze the disc after the dye. Some just cool the disc in a fridge.
Some plastics, like (softer) Star/FLX, will fuzz up over time no matter what you do.

All dyes will haze to a certain extent. I use a mold release wax to seal the dyes, but even that only slows the process. Freezing dyed discs will only slow it as well. It's all about a balance of the plastic and the design making the hazing less noticeable.

Sacrificing a 2 yr old one legged chicken will guarantee that bleeding and fuzziness will stop. You need to splatter the chicken blood onto each of the discs and pop your knuckles twice...otherwise it won't work.

To the OP: nope.

To the others; is there a proper age range for the sacrificial chicken? Or, um, purity?

Display and WillGrr with the correct answer. Take a picture when it's new, that's the best it's ever gonna look.

Or go Barneco's route and lose it first.

What we do as artists may look great for awhile, but none of us can pull off a Mona Lisa here and last hundreds of years. Sure they look great at first and yo may even pay good money for a nice dye, but yeah, they will fade over time

I saw a couple dyed discs for sale at Killer B's, in Augusta, last weekend. They had bled to **** and were way overpriced. My buddy has a masterpiece by Bennett, and even it is turning into an amorphous blob with a fuzzy red streak in it. I think part of the art in dyeing is considering the hazing when dyeing, not oversaturating the plastic with dye, getting the spacing right between lines/shapes, and using proper color contrast. Oh yeah, Opto line seems to stay sharp the longest, in my experience.

Latest posts