• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Blue Ribbon Pines Cali league holes 10-27

No kidding, huge thread reguarding you guys on twin cities disc golf where the guys acted like it was all better but it really wasn't.

you're playing for real money, it's a real league that plays a real game called cali disc golf.

And all I could think when I clicked on the thread was "oh, this is those guys that caused all that discussion.."

The cali league is alot more fun in the fall and spring time without snow, winter downright sucks to play this format of throwing multiple drives. Took a group of 5 I was in close to 6 hours to play 27 holes. No thanks. 2 of the 3 guys who were in the group that was upset are guys who are well known for playing in the 99th percentile when it comes to speed, they play fast, often are speed walking or jogging to get extra holes in. The other guy who was the original complaint, I am not too familiar with outside of his internet posts. When used to being let through all the time, you often forget that some groups either do not care or do not pay attention to others playing because of other distractions, in this case it was video taping and worrying about extra shots.

I will say this about BRP, I love the course alot and it challenges anyone but when it comes to groups letting you play through it is the worst without a doubt in the state of Minnesota. It is almost like the groups anticipate a 5 hr round before teeing off and plan on not letting people through, that is year round out there. I find myself being a bigger dick than normal out there more often than not when it comes to letting groups pass.

I play through groups all the time at BRP and never have had a problem. :\

Once in a great while I have had issues, but they are few and far between. For the most part I see people who are very conscious if there is someone or a group on their heels.

A couple of times while playing solo during heavy days, but not completely congested, I have been able to play solo rounds as quickly as 45-50 minutes. Not running, but keeping up a good pace and doing a decent enough job to at least staying in the fairways. One time I played through a group on Hole 6 and then lapped them again on Hole 22.

I cannot speak for this videoing crew in particular, but I will second that there was a long conversation over on Facebook about this and a lot of people were displeased. In this day and age of digital photography and high definition camcorders, I know we will see more and more people filming their rounds. I personally just purchased a new expensive high definition camcorder for my birthday with the primary usage going to be filming rounds. I was out filming last Sunday as well, at a different course, and while I am aware that our group held up another smaller group for two holes, we were aware of their presence and allowed them to play through when it was most convenient for all. After that FB rant, I will definitely be even more conscious of those on our heels.

i only got to play a few courses in MN and regrettably this was not one of them. how do the big piles of snow get built up, drifting?

No kidding, huge thread reguarding you guys on twin cities disc golf where the guys acted like it was all better but it really wasn't.

Of course it's all better, I wish they would have hashed it out with us in person, but what can you do? It was a misunderstanding, they didn't see that we were running into the group in front of us and liberally using spotters. We weren't playing slow and actually let multiple groups pass (as well as their's) without question.

Keep in mind that Twin Cities DG Facebook page is drama central.

Of course it's all better, I wish they would have hashed it out with us in person, but what can you do? It was a misunderstanding, they didn't see that we were running into the group in front of us and liberally using spotters. We weren't playing slow and actually let multiple groups pass (as well as their's) without question.

Keep in mind that Twin Cities DG Facebook page is drama central.

Twin Cities is drama central but I can assure you those guys will be salty that everyone did not let them play a 1 hr winter round out there.