• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BlueBerry Hill vrs Flip City

Bikinimower

Par Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I played Flip City last summer and I can't inagine a better course. I've seen recently that on the Dgcoursereview top 10 HighBridge as recently replaced it in the number one spot

So I'm looking for people who have played both Flip City and Blue Berry Hill in Highbridge. Is Blue Berry hill a better course or does it just win out because it's a better road trip course because it's surrounded by a bunch of other great courses? Let me know why you think your ansewer is the right one

I'm going to Blue Berry in September so I'll find out for myself. My guess is Flip City is better but we'll see

Recently I noticed BlueBerry Hill has taken the No. 1 spot on this site from Flip City. I can't Imagine a better course than Flip City. I kinda get the feeling that BlueBerry Hill gets Bonus points for being surrounded by a bunch of other top notch courses. I may be wrong but I am heading to Wisconsin this Fall so I'll find out for myself

So What I'm looking for are the people out there who have played both Flip City and BlueBerry Hill to weigh in and tell me which one they like better and why.

I have never played Blueberry, but I have played Flip City and Idlewild. Idlewild is insanely a cool course surrounded by other great courses as is Flip City. The parts I find most cool about these courses is how the path of the course overlaps other holes, built as if every space was used to design the entire course...great use of elevation changes makes the courses very cool too.

I like night golf and there is nothing like night golf at flip, because it is privately owned and because the course is exciting and "difficult/fair" enough to play at night.

Now if Blueberry has a unique design, elevation changes, is difficult and fair, you can play night golf at, and the course is surrounded by other awesome courses, than I see no reason why Blueberry can't be amongst the best.

Sounds like a good reason to use the ferry to come over from Muskegon to Milwaukee and head north! :thmbup:

Recently I noticed BlueBerry Hill has taken the No. 1 spot on this site from Flip City. I can't Imagine a better course than Flip City. I kinda get the feeling that BlueBerry Hill gets Bonus points for being surrounded by a bunch of other top notch courses. I may be wrong but I am heading to Wisconsin this Fall so I'll find out for myself

So What I'm looking for are the people out there who have played both Flip City and BlueBerry Hill to weigh in and tell me which one they like better and why.

There's really no comparison to be made between the two other than that they're both capable of being #1 courses, and are both #1 in my opinion!

Flip is a ton of fun, and you'll probably be smiling through the whole round. It's a par 3 course, so I think a lot of people knock its #1 claim because it lacks championship length. You won't find another course like it, although I've heard comparisons to Sandy Point (a WI course I've been slacking off on playing for years, but 2010 should be the year!).

Blueberry almost defies description. No two holes are the same, and she offers true par 4s and 5s (unlike Flip), but not the kind that are just ridiculous length. Shot-shaping skills are essential on this and most Highbridge courses. It has OB ponds (unlike Flip) as well on several holes. Even the few open holes are just breathtaking, and they make up for being open by making you drive downhill into the prevailing wind on one of the highest hills in the area. Blueberry definitely gets bonus points for being surrounded by other top-notch courses, but that's not saying that it's a 4.5 and gets bumped up to a 5 because of this; it's a 5 on its own, and with the bonus points should be a 5.5! You know, like when you scored 100% on a test in school AND got the bonus questions for a total of 110%!

Play 'em both and ignore the bias towards one or the other out here. Maybe you'll see 'em like I do, maybe you'll love one and not care so much for the other, maybe you'll come to the conclusion that everyone on DGCR is nuts for hyping your expectations with our super-subjective ratings system.

Play 'em both and ignore the bias towards one or the other out here. Maybe you'll see 'em like I do, maybe you'll love one and not care so much for the other, maybe you'll come to the conclusion that everyone on DGCR is nuts for hyping your expectations with our super-subjective ratings system.

I like it! Although it is tough to do sometimes when you play those top tier courses you have been hearing about forever

You mean you haven't noticed your post count slowly, oh so slowly, decreasing?

IMHO, I like Flipp over Blueberry. but then again I liked Sandy Point Resort and DG Ranch better than Blueberry Hill. and on top of all that I liked Blue Ribbon Pines in East Bethel, Mn. better than the DGC's mentioned. But jus MHO.

I've never heard of these courses, are they as good as Beth Schmidt?

Wisconsin rocks! Winter Park, Sandy Point, and Highbridge (3 top 20 courses!) Sweet! Eat your heart out North Carolina.