• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BlueBerry Hill vrs Flip City

There are new holes at Standing rocks.

And you can use golf carts on Granite Ridge so that's the best course at highbridge now IMO:thmbup:

^^^^^^^

I too have seen the tees being laid, but only a practice basket and stakes for the next 12 pins. Are all 12 pins in at the Rocks????????

And....can you tell where you're supposed to begin/go next/how many holes are there total?

Randy's designs are excellent; and the property is wonderful; but, the biggest issue he needing resolution was navigation.

lets review the lies that are brettsups review of flip
-Tee pads did not have a good enough brush they were rather slick when i played after some rain.- lie I have played in the rain here and never had any problems
-People were extremely unfriendly- hardly anytme I have been there with the exception of tournys and league days are there hardly people there

-Flip IMO is a mediocre course that is dressed up nice, "a pig in a silk hat" if you will. You can always add amenities to make a course look deceptively nicer than it actually is ie Old structures, rocks, gazebos, etc. But a course still needs to be solid and challenging especially. I want to feel like I have to work for par which makes it even more rewarding getting birdies.- if you played the course you would know this is false
-Having only 2 holes >400- the biggest telltale of all because this stat is from the short tee pads which are dirt so again a lie
-Most holes were between 200-300ft most being at the low end of that totem pole.-
again the biggest telltale of all because this stat is from the short tee pads which are dirt so again a lie
-11 of the holes were 200ft or below. again same as above
-This course is completely way too short to be considered anywhere close to a top tier course.-- again the guy is referring to the short teepads

" My thought is that this course has been reviewed by ALOT of locals who think its just the best thing since sliced bread. These locals bring more locals and this course gets more good reviews. But from an outsider looking in having played all across the country it just is not that good." this from a guy that has played 18 courses and only reviewed 2- HIS favorite "BB" and HIS favorites chief competitor.

so all I goota say is this guy is full of crap

Dave Felberg shot twin -11 downs at Flip 2 weeks before 08 Worlds and this guy brettsup claims he shot a -8 and a -7 I call BS this guy is not within 10 strokes of Dave.

I think what pisses me off most is that going back through HBH's reviews, I haven't seen some guy who loves flip going and reviewing unfairly low just to drive ratings down. the ones who rate low give solid logic and make sense. This guys review basically bad mouths those of us who play and love flip and gives us a two, not flip.

maybe he just meant Brewer?

Latest posts