• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Break-up or Divorce due to Disc Golf?

My girlfriend supports it, but doesn't understand the fascination. Then again, she shot a +52 one time...

I've never been much on ultimatums from the opposite sex.

I played pool for a living for a good chunk of my married life. My wife loved the money but couldn't stand the life style. I guess it wasn't something she could brag to her friends about.

One day, she laid down the law, "Either give up pool or give me up!!!!"

Sometimes, I really miss that bi@th!

Woodpecker

I've never been much on ultimatums from the opposite sex.

I played pool for a living for a good chunk of my married life. My wife loved the money but couldn't stand the life style. I guess it wasn't something she could brag to her friends about.

One day, she laid down the law, "Either give up pool or give me up!!!!"

Sometimes, I really miss that bi@th!

Woodpecker

:hfive:

My wife supports me 100%! When we met I was heavily into BMX and she had no problems with it. Once I got into disc golf it was the same. She always has my back. She plays about 4 times a month with me and has her own discs and bag. We take family road trips sometimes for the sole purpose of playing disc golf. She's the best.

My wife refers to DG and my Dg comrades as my mistresses... she knows where she stands and understands my feelings for the game. As long as there is balance there is no issues. She has bought me a basket for xmas, $100 gift certs for birthday and all is right with the world.

My wife hates disc golf. She hates it when I play it or if I even talk about it. She hates my brothers for going with me. But it's not so much that she hates disc golf as much as she hates anything that brings me joy. Women.

My wife hates disc golf. She hates it when I play it or if I even talk about it. She hates my brothers for going with me. But it's not so much that she hates disc golf as much as she hates anything that brings me joy. Women.

My girlfriend doesn't mind me going to play DG, as long as I don't have a good time.

Woodpecker

it's not so much that she hates disc golf as much as she hates anything that brings me joy.

My girlfriend doesn't mind me going to play DG, as long as I don't have a good time.

damn, guys! time to kick these beaches to the curb!

just lie and say you had a terrible round and are thinking about quitting every time you get back from the course.

damn, guys! time to kick these beaches to the curb!

just lie and say you had a terrible round and are thinking about quitting every time you get back from the course.

This won't work. I would never be able to dupe her. She can sense my joy and it fills her with hatred. I think she's become suspicious that I'm finding joy at work. For that is when I'm on dgcr.

I would say that DG is merely a mirage that really hides whats really wrong in the relationship. Often we do things for subconscious reasons. We might go play DG and think it's our right...underneath we are just trying to avoid our homelife or our families. Ask any workaholic....u think they enjoy work...or are they trying to avoid something. DG is a great outlet and a healthy pursuit but if you'd rather be out there searching for discs in thorns and playing alone in a snowstorm etc....you might be avoiding something at home/ likewise anger aimed at your love of DG could be misdirected anger and DG is the easy target rather than admit to you that she feels insecure and whats to be more a part of your life...a woman might bash your love of DG....kind of like we might bash a girl's love of reality TV ..we might crave some more attention. I'm no expert I had a failed relationship...hell I spent hours and hours building a course to avoid being at home.....I'm not sure this applies to everyone but it is worth some thought.

It's always funny when my friends wives/gfs call while at work to make sure thier not having any fun;)

I had a wife. Then we had a baby. My son is 4 now and on his second year of disc golf. My son and I play dg every day but my wife never played. I found that it was cheaper for me to nail hussies after bar close once a week, than to keep the wife around. So I split from the wife. Now I play twice as much dg with my son, still get laid, and I keep my whole check! I will marry again once I find a chic who is rich and loves dg!

My wife says she likes DG...and I believe her.
I am borderline obsessed with DG currently...
She wants to play once a week, or once every two weeks...
I want to play once a day...maybe once everyother day if I need a rest...

So far, we get along okay with me playing solo and she plays with me on the weekend...

At tourneys, she'll come and walk along with our group, and sneeze when the other players are throwing...j/k...but she will walk along. :) She even says that she likes doing that...so who knows...I like having the woman around, so I hope her feelings about DG don't get downgraded before my passion ebbs (which I'm sure it will when the next best thing comes along...kids maybe???).

I found that it was cheaper for me to nail hussies after bar close once a week, than to keep the wife around. So I split from the wife. Now I play twice as much dg with my son, still get laid, and I keep my whole check! I will marry again once I find a chic who is rich and loves dg!

this posts contains a double dose of awesomesauce!:hfive:

Maybe if my ex-wife would have played disc golf we would have gotten along better. Does disc golf erase bitchyness?

My wife confuses me sometimes. There are times she bitches at me for being on here too long, and she rolls her eyes when I come back from the mail box with discs in my hand.

Then, there are some weekends that I choose just to take a break, and she will ask me with a big question on her face, " You're not playing disc golf today? Why not?" I am not sure what to think. :confused:

Fortunately, my wife enjoys playing dg with me. Now, the question is whether it will interfere with my job or not...

Wait, I am out of work, connection??? :confused:

Latest posts