• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Broke 500 ft Barrier!! Video 2

The first video looked like you threw it in the woods and a friend threw another one out of the woods for the last 150'. This one is more convincing. Still it's hard to believe you've only been throwing discs for 4 weeks. Most people play their entire lives and never throw it that far, and it's not about being 6'3, I can tell you from experience. So where did you first learn to throw a disc?

The first video looked like you threw it in the woods and a friend threw another one out of the woods for the last 150'. This one is more convincing. Still it's hard to believe you've only been throwing discs for 4 weeks. Most people play their entire lives and never throw it that far, and it's not about being 6'3, I can tell you from experience. So where did you first learn to throw a disc?

a friend of mine and me, wanted to do something outside that would give us some cardio, so the lady at the front desk of the gym we work out on gave us some bags of discs and we went out about a month ago and threw the dicss and sprinted between shots for cardio, throughout the 18 holes...and i guess i learned the physics of a disc from peoples help in this forum, and we ordered some discs online probably 2-3 days of doing this because we started actually liking the game, itself instead of just running and throwing. he ordered the disc actually, 2 valkyre discs, i think because they hold the distance record, and it was about 2-3 days after this we realized there there are different types of discs for different distances, so he ordered 2 putters, and we played with those 2 dicss for the first week or 2...and we got more as we went on, so i have 3 drivers 1 mid 1 putter now, 5 total.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but if you can throw 500 and not even keep it in bounds on a football field you might want to start working on accuracy first with your drives. But if distance is all you're going for, nice!

Edit: totally jealous of how far you throw btw.

Looked more like 350-375'.... Looked like a pretty wild throw too. Keep working on it.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but if you can throw 500 and not even keep it in bounds on a football field you might want to start working on accuracy first with your drives. But if distance is all you're going for, nice!

Edit: totally jealous of how far you throw btw.

Maybe there's something directly behind the goalpost that he doesn't want to hit. Just a thought. Some sort of batting cage equipment? Cars? People?

Last edited:
a friend of mine and me, wanted to do something outside that would give us some cardio, so the lady at the front desk of the gym we work out on gave us some bags of discs and we went out about a month ago and threw the dicss and sprinted between shots for cardio, throughout the 18 holes...and i guess i learned the physics of a disc from peoples help in this forum, and we ordered some discs online probably 2-3 days of doing this because we started actually liking the game, itself instead of just running and throwing. he ordered the disc actually, 2 valkyre discs, i think because they hold the distance record, and it was about 2-3 days after this we realized there there are different types of discs for different distances, so he ordered 2 putters, and we played with those 2 dicss for the first week or 2...and we got more as we went on, so i have 3 drivers 1 mid 1 putter now, 5 total.

Can I be your agent?

Looked more like 350-375'.... Looked like a pretty wild throw too. Keep working on it.

Assuming he's really throwing from the other goalpost, it's gotta be 390' at minimum, since goalpost to goalpost is 360'.

I thought the throw on his first video (in the other thread) looked farther.

That was a great... great throw.
:D
Please realize, that we can't see who is throwing this disc either. No offense, but that could be anyone. I'm with everyone else. 500ft is way to fantastic for me to believe that you threw this in just four weeks. Not buying it. ...or you have some video editing skills.

*I meant to post this here, as opposed to the original thread. ;)

That throw looks like it went at least 450. Wouldn't he be thrilled by that and post it went 450? So it probably did go approximately what he says, in the 490-505 range. I don't know if I buy the only four weeks deal. That sounds a little too fantastic to believe. But we never really will know, so who really cares. Congrats on a great throw. Keep it up.

It's definitely very frustrating for those of us who have been playing a couple years and can't even get close to 400'. I'm in my 40's and my goal this year is to break 300' consistently. I finally talked a co-worker of mine, who is in his late 20's and works out regularly, to try disc golfing. By the end of the day he was throwing it over 325'. Just a couple of weeks later, he was at 400'. That really made me want to quit playing altogether, but I just like playing too much.

Whats your rating? How many putts do you make within 30 feet? How many tourneys have you won? See until you start showing me that, your just some guy who can bomb, and a big arm doesnt do you any good if you dont have the basics. Trust me my nickname isnt Big Murder for nothing, but I would trade all my distance for more accuracy. Good luck getting better, you'll need it. As a wise many once said, "Drive for Show, Putt for Dough".

It's definitely very frustrating for those of us who have been playing a couple years and can't even get close to 400'. I'm in my 40's and my goal this year is to break 300' consistently. I finally talked a co-worker of mine, who is in his late 20's and works out regularly, to try disc golfing. By the end of the day he was throwing it over 325'. Just a couple of weeks later, he was at 400'. That really made me want to quit playing altogether, but I just like playing too much.

That's why I am a wuss and try to avoid playing rounds with pros. It makes me ask myself, why do I even bother?:( Congrats though. Just try to be as humble as possible and don't turn into that guy that hangs out at the local course and challenges all golfers that walk by to a driving contest. :mad::rolleyes:

Fun videos to watch. Looks like you were able to pick up the form rather quickly which is certainly helping that strong arm of yours. Keep having fun with the game.

I can see why everyone is so skeptical (maybe a lil jealous too?), that is an amazing distance with so little experience behind it. However, I too have found myself in disbelief after seeing similar feats on my home course, from a 17 year old kid with 6 months experience. He had like 10 aces in his first 6 months and could throw 450' with ease. All Im saying is, good throw :D

Good work! It looks like you got some of those nose angle issues figured out. Now comes the fun part, making it land in the right spot. ;)

Latest posts