• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Bt Soft Swan 2

zeusjus

Par Member
Hello everyone! I recently bought a new Westside Eco1 Swan 2 and I am LOVING it! However, I found on their website that Westside has discontinued the Eco1 Plastic and replaced it with Bt Soft plastic. Has anyone thrown both? Are there any differences or is it basically just the same?

Hmm, Swan 2 was on my list of discs to try. Never heard of BT soft tho....

Woah, where'd you buy the disc from? I've been trying to get my hands on BT plastic for a while!

the BT plastic is very soft and tacky, I like it a lot . I use my bts as main putters and me eco1 for jump putts

In case anyone is wondering, GGGT currently has yellow, white, pink, and red BT Swan2's in stock. I hate when stores don't list the colors they have available!

the BT plastic is very soft and tacky, I like it a lot . I use my bts as main putters and me eco1 for jump putts

so would you say bt soft is basically the same as eco1? or would bt soft be more like r-pro (really soft but also very flexible/floppy)? i ask because one of my favourite things about the eco1 swan is how its so grippy while still being pretty rigid and stiff, almost like a gripper yeti pro aviar.

the BT is definitely gripper and a bit floppier, so yeah I guess like r-pro but I really dislike r-pro and I like the BT , I would like to say its more like a SSS wizard feel

BTSoft is softer than ECO1 but similar in tackiness and grip. BTSoft is like the new Zero line in Lat64 or ClassicSoft from DD. I am eagerly awaiting the new ZeroHard plastic from Lat64. I hope they run the Swan2's in that. I love both the BTSoft and the ECO1 Swan2's but I prefer the ECO1 for the slightly extra firmness, especially for longer putts.

I got a BT Soft Swan last weekend, and took it out for a round - holy cow, simple putts leave chain marks all over the rim of the disc. It had a pretty spotty look after just a round, but on close inspection, it is superficial.

Love the grippiness and the overall feel of the disc though, and so am satisfied.

Yeah they do mark up a ton on the rim. But once they surrounding the whole thing they don't get any worse.

Love this disc for putting, love even more that they come in black (poor Summit wishes it was black).

I mainline Swan2s. I've had 1 Swan1 in Eco1, 3 Swan2s in Eco1, and 1 Swan2 in BT Soft.

The BT Soft is the same texture to the fingertips as a really beat up Eco1, but with less rigidity than an Eco1 out of the box. Eco1 starts off smoother and stiffer, and beats into a more velvety texture with some floppiness. BT starts off velvety with just a touch of floppiness, and beats into a slightly more velvety texture and a bit more flop than the Eco1.

Beat in, the 2 plastics are really similar, but brand new feel quite different. Thats why I like using new Eco1 for driving and BT or SUPER beat Eco1 for closer putting.

My Swan is incredibly beat in after, 12 days. Some of that damage isn't superficial. Hit the number plate on top of the basket and got a huge gouge in the disc. I'm kind of digging how shabby my new putter looks. The results have been so-so.

Played with my Summit again today and have to say. the clean release i get from it is unmatched by other putters.

Still it's fun to try other discs.