• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Buffalo time

And I almost forgot to ask the stupid question, what does "Blue (long) tees play 9,14,4" mean (referring to JD)? To one who knows the DG lingo, I'm sure it's obvious, but it has me stumped.

Since there are 27 holes I bet it means 9/14/4 corresponding to the PDGA directory entries, which probably translates as:
9 holes <300 ft.
14 holes of 300-399 ft.
4 holes >400 ft.

That's my guess.

Lowe

I didn't even consider that.. I bet you that's it.

Thanks, Lowe. That makes sense, and seems about right for this course.

Makes you wonder if that PDGA website breakdown is getting a little antiquated, with typical hole lengths increasing on the newer courses (the better ones, anyways)

You're welcome.
I updated the info to:
"Blue (long) tees play 9 <299/ 13 of 300-399/ 3 of 400-499/ 2>500"

On 11/15/08, we will be installing baskets for the new course at Emery Park. Baskets start going in at 10AM, course should be ready to play by noon. It is over 10000' from the gold tees - should be a wild time.

Already put it in my wish list :)

I'd come out tomorrow but they're calling for 80% chance of rain.

Como Lake flood of '08

For those of you who have played the Lighthouse course at Como Lake, one of the local players snapped some amazing pics of the course during a recent flood. Buffalo had gotten around two feet of snow over a few days, then during an uncommonly rapid warm-up it melted and had to go someplace. This is a course with "water in play" for 9 out of 18 holes on a normal day. But this day was anything but normal.

please tell me someone was playing during the Pats/Bills game on sunday - HOLY HIGH WINDS
guaranteed to lose all discs

Latest posts