• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Build me a DGCR Bag!

Moose33

Stego Connoisseur
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hey Everyone!

I will often build odd or fun bags to play rounds with outside of my normal bag. There are enough backups and oddities in my garage that i can come up with some cool combos.

But I thought it would be fun for the people on here to Vote me a bag to see how it did VS my regular bag.

So below is listed each disc I own by Category. If you could pick one from each and list I'll try it out and see how I do VS my regular bag;

OS Distance Driver;

Ape
Scythe
Force
Phase
Da'e
Solace

Stable/Undertable Distance Driver;

King
Cannon
Octane
Jun
Backdraft

OS Control Driver;

Firebird
Fireball
Trident
Tachyon

Stable Fairway;

Teebird
Stag
Tyrant
Vein
Wildcat

Stable mid;

Bard
Yao
Buzzz
Roc
Roc3
Stingray

Approach;

Envy
Harp
Polecat
Claws
Scale
Rhyno

Putter;

Atom
Wizard
GUI
U-2
Swan
Touch

Thanks! Looking forward to your responses.

Solace- tasty beef
Octane- I love mine, it crushes
Firebird- because, well, firebird...
Teebird- with your playing style I can imagine teebirds just go straight and a long way, and who doesn't like that?
Buzz- do-it-all midrange. No need to have anything super OS because you've got some discs you can power down with that have got some fade to them.
Polecat- same reason as firebird
Wizard- no particular reason, just cause

Atom and Pig putters
Innova Atlas
Legacy Ghost
MVP Axis
DGA Pipeline
Legacy Legend Patriot
Legacy Legend Bandit
Orion LF
MVP Motion
Pinnacle Cannon
Westside Catapult
Legacy Icon Outlaw
Champ Roadrunner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OS Distance Driver;
Force

Stable/Understable Distance Driver;
King
Cannon

OS Control Driver;
Firebird
Fireball

Stable Fairway;
Teebird

Stable mid;
Bard
Buzzz

Approach;
Scale

Putter;
Wizard

step 1. buy some PDs

step 2. put the PDs in your bag

me building a bag for you from your list would just be me picking the discs that I like to throw, honestly.

OS Distance Driver;
Solace Winter is Coming

King of the North

OS Control Driver;
Trident Down with OOP? Yeah, you know me.

Stable Fairway;
Tyrant Extra hipster points

Stable mid;
Yao I just like saying 'Yao.'

Approach;
Polecat C'mon son.

Putter;
Wizard Classic putter. Probably the classiest putter. Many people putt the Wizard, the best people. So big league.

OS Distance Driver-Solace

Stable/Undertable Distance Driver-King

OS Control Driver-Firebird

Stable Fairway-Teebird

Stable mid-Roc

Approach-Scale

Putter-Wizard

I don't actually have any experience with any of your distance drivers, so I'm just going off of gut feeling there. I use XXX instead of Firebirds, but close enough there. Teebirds get some use in my bag. Roc's for long approaches and shorter (200-250') drives. Scale is my bread and butter, what my approach game is based on. Used about as much as my putting Wizards in a typical round (could putt with the Scale as well).

Thanks for the input so far!

I'll leave it up for one more day before closing so we can get a few more votes in.

Seven slots... seven different manufacturers:
Solace
Cannon
Fireball
Stag
Buzzz
Polecat
Wizard

Force
Cannon
Fireball
Teebird
Roc3 or Roc (not sure which version of the Roc you have, but pick whichever mold is more overstable in what you have)
Rhyno
Wizard

Incidentally, which course would you play with this "democratic bag"?

I'll probably play Oregon Park, I have the most rounds there so I wouldn't have to play it again for a control round as long a short the weather is normal.

I would try some new discs to me. How about Scythe, Octane, Firebird, Stag, Bard, Envy, Atom

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Okay, so after reviewing the results my democratic bag will be thus;

Force
Cannon
Firebird
Teebird
Buzzz
Scale
Wizard

It's a very different look from my normal bag, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it does!

OS Distance Driver;
Force
King
OS Control Driver;
Firebird
Stable Fairway;
Teebird
Stable mid;
Roc3
Approach;
Rhyno
Putter;
Swan

So today I played the DGCR bag round.

I played the Gold tees and baskets at Oregon Park, I have the most rounds on that course all time so the control aspect was already taken care of.

It is a Par 59 course and I have averaged 50.6 this year, so my goal with this largely foreign bag was a 51. Which I felt was lofty but doable. The first thing I noticed; I missed my Atoms. The Wizard is a really good putter, but the large bead and depth threw me off. The putts in the circle still went in, but outside it was hopeless. The wobble I got from inconsistent releases and the added fade meant the putts were often just above the cage.

Also I missed my Westside discs. The Scale while great never fades as sharply as the Harp. The Buzzz can hold a lot of lines, but it can't shape the like a Bard. The Teebird actually should have been fine, but the one I have is oddly LSS Stable while somehow being very flippy at high speeds. It was almost like a 7/3/-2/3 instead of the intended. And the Cannon has all the issues that the King does, but the grip and bigger rim made it harder for me to hit lines that I usually can nail in my sleep with a King.

You let me keep my Firebirds, and I threw them great. In fact I used them for more shots on the course than ever before. It got me 2 birdies on holes where I usually throw another disc, but because I was not as confident in the equivalent I had in the bag, I went FB and it was glorious. Even used it to approach a few times when I needed a bigger fade than anything slower in the bag could.

But one thing this exercise did was that's it made a course i often play on autopilot feel freash and challenging again. I did shots on the same old holes with different discs and methods and made it work. That was a cool feeling.

So if you made it trough all that, it was probably to hear my score. And I got the 51 I was looking for.

So in this case it was the archer not the arrows. But the process made me so much more thankful for my normal arrows.

Latest posts