• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BUSTED!!

I had to sneak out of a course, as they locked the gate at 10, and our car was parked there after it was locked up. In order to escape, we had to drive across a ped. foot bridge in a honda accord, then through a childrens park, making sure to keep the headlights out and checking for cops. Be careful, we got really lucky to just get out after the park closed
That sounds insanely sketchy foot bridges usually aren't to car friendly. Definitely sounds like an adventure. Good thing the popo didn't see you.

That sounds insanely sketchy foot bridges usually aren't to car friendly. Definitely sounds like an adventure. Good thing the popo didn't see you.

Well, the foot bridge was relatively new, but the car barely fit it, as it is a wide car. AS we drove over the bridge, with a busy highway underneath, we saw a cop drive by, but apparently he didnt see us, cause he just kept on moving

if yall are ever over this way miramar and burke crenshaw dont close till at least 11:00.
miramar park dosnt have any signs saying it closes at a certain time but i think the city parks rules are all parks close at 11:00 or 11:30 but there are always people playing b-ball across the strret till like 1:00 and they share a parking lot so your car wouldnt even be noticed and theres no gate.

right now crenshaw only has 4 holes but ive heard its supposed to be brought back to glory when they finish the ballpark and it dont close till 11:00 but judgeing by the jimmies left in the parking lot you might wanna not eyeball anyone with a fuzzy hat and a cadillac or his sub-contracters .

Well, the foot bridge was relatively new, but the car barely fit it, as it is a wide car. AS we drove over the bridge, with a busy highway underneath, we saw a cop drive by, but apparently he didnt see us, cause he just kept on moving
Thats crazy man. I cant imagine trying to explain my way out of that. Good thing the bridge held up!:)

You gotta come down to Sea Brook , TX. Its right near the Kemah Boardwalk. The course has a huge hill, and after dark, we sit on the hill, watch the fireworks that they shoot off at the Boardwalk, and then hang glow sticks on the baskets, and play disc golf till 2am.
i didnt realize you posted that when i suggested seabrook for night play.
i would suggest if we wanna keep being able to play there after hours you might wanna wrap it up a little earlier or at least dont hang glow sticks on the open holes next to the road that late . personally i can see better without the glow sticks unless they hang them where you can see the lip of the basket instead of just the pole .also seabrook is only one word , it was i guy not a brook by the sea

pretty much all the parks in my area close at dark, which is very unfortunate. I have played a couple glo rounds and its really cool, there is a small 9 hole course across town that you can get away with playing at night, but it's really not much of a course. And you will get busted for being in the park after it is closed around here.

We played some night golf at our home course. First of all we bought the beacons and the tape with them sucked a lot so we left after a few holes and got better tape. We were playing on hole number 3 coming back toward the parking lot and the bathrooms. We see a car pull up and we are certain it is the police. We get a little nervous thinking our game is over, but it turns out to be a guy who pulls up, gets out, goes over to the bathroom, does his business and leaves. Weird.

Never been run off. Whats funny is I have a buudy in OKC and we will go play Will Rogers at night most of the time. Well the course sits right across the street from a Highway Patrol shack. First couple of times I was freaking out because we were drinking and it was 3 in the morning. But over time I have come to realize that they could give 2 $hits. The "willbillies" out there are drinking at 6 in the morning and carring coolers around all the time and the hypo justs rolls on by

I wasn't around for it but the cops have run people off from the Alex Clark in McKinney. I think it was at 3 am or something crazy though. I've never had a problem personally.

i didnt realize you posted that when i suggested seabrook for night play.
i would suggest if we wanna keep being able to play there after hours you might wanna wrap it up a little earlier or at least dont hang glow sticks on the open holes next to the road that late . personally i can see better without the glow sticks unless they hang them where you can see the lip of the basket instead of just the pole .also seabrook is only one word , it was i guy not a brook by the sea

I heard they also play Night Golf every Friday night at Terramont. I don't know how late they stay, but I heard a good time is had by all.

I know that people use glo discs or other means of lighting discs, but it still seams like you would lose a fair amount playing at night.

I know that people use glo discs or other means of lighting discs, but it still seams like you would lose a fair amount playing at night.

not really...its actually a lot easier to find your disc at times....champion plastic works the best as it really brightens the light....star and dx are allright but if the disc turns over on its face then you better have a flashlight....another thing- just be sure and put the tape on tight!! :0

I wouldnt step foot in some of the parks around me after hours, these parks get evil after dark. If i do ill have my pistol.

We only have 2 parks were I would feel safe playing after dark

lol

i know at lake lewisville you can play at night...we've had the cops come up and talk to us about playing at night and they seemed pretty fascinated by the convo...and then they just let us keep on playing...drinking beer and all:D that is why i love the lake park...the cops out there are cool as hell...at least from my experiences

lol is it bad that sometimes I throw holes better at night then during the day. I guess when you can see the tree 2ft from the teepad it changes your throw a bit.

There is a small water park that is free and open to the public on our Cameron Park course. It is open till midnight in the summer and is on part of the course. WOW a water park open till midnight but you are not allowed to play disc golf after 10?????

Latest posts