• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"Buy or Sell" segment on upcoming (June 5) Upshot

Or is the only value the TD brings to the table is as a wholesale purchaser, with the tournament's only purpose being a way to coerce players into buying stuff they don't want?

Spot on. How many players in the earlier days made money off disc golf exclusively by reselling their swag? It was just a very underground disc distribution scam.

I for one would be more than happy to know a part of my entry went straight into the pockets of the TD.

There is nothing that says you have to charge $60.

I've seen PDGA events charge $4 (PDGA per player fee and the other $2 went to tournament expenses such as sanctioning) and there was no payout because the net entry was $0.

The issue isn't the model, it's the lack of understanding of it.

The issue isn't the charge, it's the lack of valuing of TDs.

Or, can you point out where's the payment for the TD's time and skill in your $4 fee scenario?

To me, the model still seems to place zero value on the time and skills it takes to run a tournament.

So. I should update this because I was wrong!

You CANNOT take players packs out of that "110% net entry fees" requirement for A-tiers. I was mistaken. You can only take out pass-through costs such as PDGA fees and greens fees.

I now double down on the bull**** that is this policy.