• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Upshot: Beaver State Fling, Big Arms, Paige Mid-Season Blues

JTacoma03

* Ace Member *

The Upshot: Beaver State Fling, Big Arms, Paige Mid-Season Blues

Hey hey! Sorry we're late this week, I've been grinding trying to get some In The Bag videos done to send to Innova.

All the BSF recap and analysis you can handle is on tap for ya so grab a brew and press play! Plus please send us topics for the segment we're going to do next week!

Also - on a personal note thanks so much for the emails and messages we've been getting lately. We feel the love, and really appreciate the ideas! Keep 'em coming!

Jamie

Hot take: Drive for dough, putt for show. If you put your drives inside 25', putting becomes an afterthought. Putting in disc golf is really easy anyway; give yourself a decent baseline for putting, then focus on your drives more than anything.

Hot take 2: You probably could have gotten a basketball scholarship. Weren't you at State during the Herb years?

Hot take: Drive for dough, putt for show. If you put your drives inside 25', putting becomes an afterthought. Putting in disc golf is really easy anyway; give yourself a decent baseline for putting, then focus on your drives more than anything.

Nice.

Hot take 2: You probably could have gotten a basketball scholarship. Weren't you at State during the Herb years?

Hahaha! I like it, fire take!

(I was there '06-'09, so tail end of Sendek but mainly Lowe...and truth be told though I could hold my own down at the gym, there was some serious basketball talent playing pickup that couldn't get a walk-on spot. D1 is all about height/length)

(I was there '06-'09, so tail end of Sendek but mainly Lowe...and truth be told though I could hold my own down at the gym, there was some serious basketball talent playing pickup that couldn't get a walk-on spot. D1 is all about height/length)

Ah, a couple years younger than I thought. I had to suffer through years of Herb, but at least I had Philip Rivers for all of my undergrad. And for as boring as Herb was, Julius Hodge made basketball season interesting.