• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Buying Online

Another strong vote for CommunityDiscs. Justin is awesome.

I recently got a e-giftcard for Infinity discs, and i had a good experience. Photos of each disc is a nice touch.

I usually go DGC. Great selection, prices, & Wade from DGC takes time to be on here & actaully check disc specifics for people
^ I'm a fan of buying local, but if you can't find what you want locally, I'll 2nd this. Plus they offer free shipping if you're not in a rush. When you consider all aspects of the transation, they're consistentlly near the top of the heap.

I like that you can pick color/wt, but also the progressive discount is attractive when buying stacks of plastic.
^ this, too.

Last edited:
I'd rather buy local but can't always find what I want. Also, I refuse to order putters online....I have to feel them first.

I'd rather ...I refuse to order putters online....I have to feel them first.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm the same way with blow up dolls. :p

Having the privilege of going to the Marshall St store and beholding all of its awesomeness, I am now and forever biased. Free shipping on orders over $50, which isn't too hard if you're a plastic addict like me.

I second GottaGoGottaThrow for having amazing customer service. They are the next best thing to hand selecting discs you will find. Give them a call and they will deliver what you want.

Another vote for Communitydiscs.com and Justin. Handwritten notes in every order and you really can't beat his customer service. I'm picky on my discs and he's answered all kinds of questions about weight, color, feel, etc. He's also sent me pictures numerous times of discs side by side so I can pick similar ones. Also the $1.00 shipping per order is pretty awesome too.

I use ebay from time to time also and Scot Papa is great to deal with. I like being able to see the exact disc I'm buying.

After reading some of the comments regarding Community Discs on here, I placed a first time order with them a few days ago, and received it today. $1 shipping and I got it in 2 days USPS, east coast to west coast. Justin had what I have trouble finding locally, and I got it quick. And the hand written thank you note was a great touch. It's nice to see a guy that appreciates your business and communicates it to you personally. Scott Papa at Ebay's Hyzer Farm is also a stand up guy.

I also like KW disc golf, Kevin posts here some and does cool vids and is very knowledgeable.

Thanks for the props! Free shipping on everything, pictures of each disc, quick shipping. Been selling for 5 years on ebay (4000 followers), but have my own site now to get away from the ebay fees.

There are a lot of other awesome sellers mentioned too, but, of course, I have to toot my own horn too!

I got tired of being force fed Innova from my local shops in weights and colors I didn't want. Started using Disc Golf Center and haven't looked back. I get flight data, descriptions from the manufacturer, easy comparisons, the exact weights, stamps and colors I want, promo discs, tournament discs, first runs, a huge selection of cool crap I didn't even know I needed. Free shipping, and the prices are the same as the local shops. (Yeah, I'm not supporting MY local businesses, but, I'm supporting SOMEONES local business) My game has improved and I have a sweet bag that I'm proud of. It's nice to get to touch before you buy, but, once you make the leap, I doubt you'll go back.

What is the general consensus for buying from Amazon? I have a bunch of gift card money, but I don't like the idea of not being able to select the color/weight I want.

Are there any Amazon vendors/shops that allow you to make specific requests before you make the actual order?

I get a lot of Amazon gift cards and I have used them for a couple discs. I try to stick with glow plastic so I know I'm not getting a color that I will lose. I've also bought a Decodye Pure from Amazon.

I did send GGGT an email about specific colors for one disc since they sell through Amazon and they replied that they could get my color if I requested it and made sure to select through them for the disc. I got the reply from them late though and had already gone through Infinite discs to get that particular disc so IDK how well it will work out.

I use DGC most often though because of selection and it was just one of the first I found when I started buying online.

Overall I prefer to support local, but actually order online more because of selection and convenience. Even though I'm in DFW, I'm not that close to any shops, the closest being Dynamic Discs who mostly carries Trilogy, so if I want something else, it's online I go.

I have only good things to say about Marshall Street, Community Discs, and Disc Golf Center. You can't go wrong with any of those.

I did send GGGT an email about specific colors for one disc since they sell through Amazon and they replied that they could get my color if I requested it and made sure to select through them for the disc. I got the reply from them late though and had already gone through Infinite discs to get that particular disc so IDK how well it will work out.

I wonder how much business GGGT, Clearwater and Discovering the World lose because they don't allow you to specifically select disc color and weight. I've bought from 2 of the 3 via calling them to get exactly what I want (GGGT and Clearwater), but that's a nuisance even though the service was great.

DGC all the way. Stacking discount. Good selection & if you have specific ?s he is good on answering here.

Hyzer Farm on eBay is a thumbs up on all aspects of the disc. Scott and Jeanne are always courteous and pleasant to deal with. Their knowledge of discs, great customer service, willingness to work with you, prices that can't be beat and shipping is only $3 for a disc, $5 for two or more are the main reasons why I buy new product from them. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone nearly close to their standards. My local Play It Again for the occasional Factory Second and mismarked new disc. I usually buy my Factory Seconds from the Innova Pro Shop.

Accurate weights labeling is the most important to me. Marshall Street is very accurate witht their weight measurements and speedy with their shipping.

I wonder how much business GGGT, Clearwater and Discovering the World lose because they don't allow you to specifically select disc color and weight. I've bought from 2 of the 3 via calling them to get exactly what I want (GGGT and Clearwater), but that's a nuisance even though the service was great.

Not a fan of GGGT. Aside from not being able to pick exact color and weight, I purchased a LE Z Banger GT that was posted on their site only to have them call my cell phone saying 'oops that disc isn't actually available'. This after I made the purchase. They explained it was a mistake and that they could send me a Buzzz GT instead. I of course asked for my money back and they of course lost a customer fo' life.

I've had nothing but great experiences with DGC and InfinteDiscs.