• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Buzz like driver

mpbrix92

Is there any discs that compare to a buzz but in driver form? I'm looking for something that is stable/understable but something that holds its line like a buzz does

Alright thank you! I guess the thing I'm struggling with is it seems no matter what line I throw the buzz on it holds it for the most part, wasn't sure if there were any drivers like that. Also any advice on something understable but not flippy?

Teebird/TL at speed 7, Valkyrie (especially seasoned in) at speed 9, and the Krait is a very straight flying disc for speed 11.

Discmania C-FD is similar, it will have some slight flip up depending how hard/soft you throw it. Doesn't quite lock onto a line like a buzzz, but that's really hard for wider rim discs. I think the beat up teebird is your best bet, but it takes a long time to get one there in premium plastic.

I would say a Leopard/3 top for fairway driver, in terms of driver, that would be a Valkyrie in Star and flat topped or a Viking in Champion.

I have thrown a Viking before but the discs was in DX and beat in so it was exactly a newer Valkyrie, as the guy did not like anything outside of lowest base plastic, as those tend to feel different from brand to brand, the clear Z/Champion premium and the Star/ESP from brand to brand and some have other plastic types that do not match up with other brands like the Pro and R-pro/X and soft X plastic. I have seen the Viking thrown before, a local player he liked the Viking and Road Runner combo.

SUPER beat Teebird. I don't have a lot of luck with them until they're really beat in.

Beat in PFN (or embossed flat i bet) Teebird, beat in FR/decodye Explorer, beat in 3rd run C-FD & NS2 FD. Is the ones that I find glidey but still as straight as a Buzzz would be but at speed 7.
My absolute favorite and most thrown spot in the bag.

There's just something about a HSS speed 7 with penetration fade.

PS Buzzz or Flat Roc. xP

Last edited:
My vote is for FD, TL if you want less drift right. The FD is as close as I've found to throwing a midrange shape in a fairway driver distance/speed.

Beat Teebird is straightest overall but getting one to that point is a chore.

Zombee is definitely the answer. It can handle a lot of torque and flies just like a stable buzz, just faster. It's one of my favourite discs.
I have two in Z plastic in different stages of wear and they are the shiz.

Honestly it depends on your arm speed and form.... for me my buzzz is much more stable/overstable than a valk which some are recommending. Beast was much closer (until I lost it, RIP).

I would say a Stalker (speed 7). Max weight Champion Valkyries (Speed 9) are also similar in stability to a stable Buzzz.

Zombees (Speed 6) are great too.

Latest posts