• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzz-meteor- comet. Differences?

The Buzzz will come out on the low ceiling shots and those shots where I have a slight head wind or I have to land flat while ending left. The Comet will come out when I have to hyzer flip and carry right, go dead nuts straight or go right. I know you can throw a hyzer with a Comet but I feel the Buzzz does this aspect of flight better.

Obviously there's a million ways to make these things work with all the different stages of wear, plastic blends, and weights. I don't think the Buzzz/Comet combo is necessarily bad, especially if your Comet is seasoned up and can sub for a Meteor, but is it any better than the Wasp/Comet or Roc/Comet duo? Not necessarily. It's just a matter of preference and how many different molds you want to carry.

I like my X buzzz. I am considering a meteor. What plastic would compliment well?

Last time I was there GGGT had a bunch of cryztal meteors around from the Majestic.

The Comet is more of a finesse disc. My ESP holds a nice steady anhyzer, always lands softly. Z Buzzz is better for low ceiling shots than the Comet, usually finishes straight or with a very subtle fade. The Meteor flat out bombs. Don't let the stability rating fool you. It really shines when thrown downhill. I've been getting some of my best drives lately with the Meteor. I carry an ESP Comet, ESP Meteor, Z Buzzz, Z Hornet, and an ESP Zone. Good to have when playing wooded courses. They all serve a purpose, and I know when to use them. The only drivers I carry in the woods are an Eagle, a beat up Cheetah, an FL, and a champ firebird.

There are HUGE differences and i use all 3. I have 3 buzzzes for anything from big hyzers to controlled long distance anhyzers. I use the comet for 300' max touch shots and when released well, it flies incredibly well. I use the meteor for longer midrange turnovers and for very wooded shots where I need the extra glide. I also throw a wasp for when I need stuff to really fade more. There is a little bit of overlap depending on the shot, but I almost always am confident in my choice since I have a good selection of discs.

mids

wow thanks for all the info guys. I will prob stick with my buzz and use either the comet or meteor to compliment it. Havent thrown either yet but right now I have to say the comet. But that may change after I throw them.

The comet is in its own magical category. I usually only use it with a tail wind for dead straight shots. I like my meteor for turning shots. However, I primarily throw forehand, and I usually don't use a comet or meteor unless I backhand. I mostly use a hornet and a buzzz for backhand and forehand. But when I bust out the comet, people always ask "what did you just throw"? The comet is an awesome disc, but it is also a bit tricky to learn.

Latest posts