• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Buzzz vs. Atlas

I'm pretty sure Inbounds doesnt test every or maybe even any disc (or at least they havent in the past) and I know Blake does. Inbounds has flightcharts out before the discs are out, again they may be changing that now that they are recruiting testers. Not any one flight chart will be perfect and any disc you buy can be different. I think the way Inbounds is going to with multiple testers throughout the world should get a better avg. overall of a mold.

Sorry I just reread my original post and realized I said US for mako, meant straight. I can make the mako turn easier than the coyote and stay turned though.

That does make more sense because the Coyote has more Fade then a Mako.

I know I am coming across as not liking Gotta and that is because I don't. Had a bad experience at that store with Blake so sorry but I don't see him as the great disc golf god everyone around here seems to think he is. Don't tell me a s-line pd is a great disc down disc, because it is not. And this is exactly what Blake did.

I kind of agree with Blake actually about the S-PD. It depends on your current distance though. It's not a Distance driver it's really a control driver. Plus being new it could fly overstable. I do think a Teebird would be a better recommendation along with Leopard from my experience.

I know I am coming across as not liking Gotta and that is because I don't. Had a bad experience at that store with Blake so sorry but I don't see him as the great disc golf god everyone around here seems to think he is. Don't tell me a s-line pd is a great disc down disc, because it is not. And this is exactly what Blake did.

A seasoned sub 170 s pd is an excellent disc down disc if your trying to go down from warp speed drivers it can be powered down very well and is very versatile.
No reason to flame Blake he actually gave you good advice! Now if your not ready for speed 9-10 than ya maybe its not the greatest disc down disc, but honestly yours prolly just needs some seasoning.

Let's be honest here guys, MVP's success is the only reason that Innova decided to give over-molding another try. Do you really think that the naming is a coincidence (Atlas/Axis)? That being said, the Atlas does have a nice flight, although the Axis has the same flight and has more distance potential. But as far as the Buzzz comparison is concerned, I'd say both are closer to the SS. If you really want to see where the Atlas is lacking, try throwing a Z Buzzz, Neutron Axis, and an Atlas into a brick wall at full speed. That's where you'll see the biggest difference.

I will concede MVP make a great product, Don't let too many Fanboys see this.

Innovas overmolds not as good as MVP's, MVP's technology is clearly better.

I hope the Innova Fanboys don't slap me for saying that. :D

I will concede MVP make a great product, Don't let too many Fanboys see this.

Innovas overmolds not as good as MVP's, MVP's technology is clearly better.

I hope the Innova Fanboys don't slap me for saying that. :D

I think some people may be having heart attacks right now Birdie. :D:clap:

If you really want to see where the Atlas is lacking, try throwing a Z Buzzz, Neutron Axis, and an Atlas into a brick wall at full speed. That's where you'll see the biggest difference.

They'll all take damage? The Atlas I had saw plenty of trees, and it fared a lot better than any Z Buzzz I ever threw.

And Birdie, a P-Line PD is a much better disc down option than the S-Line, but I would think a TeeBird would be an even better option.

They'll all take damage? The Atlas I had saw plenty of trees, and it fared a lot better than any Z Buzzz I ever threw.

My Atlas taco-ed after a good tree hit. I'd be glad to take pics. I used to us use a brick wall to beat Z Buzzzes in, so I've seen first hand what it can do to them (before switching to the Axis). I tried doing the same thing with the Axis, it laughed at me.

At the very base Star plastic is nowhere near as resilient as Z plastic. Suggesting the Atlas is more durable than a Z Buzzz is absurd.

At the very base Star plastic is nowhere near as resilient as Z plastic. Suggesting the Atlas is more durable than a Z Buzzz is absurd.

Have to agree with this. I love star plastic but Z is incredibly durable. The only thing I will say is that Z seems to leave a little bit thicker road rash on really hard concrete/cement hits.

I have been testing out the Atlas for 3 weeks now. Still not sure if it will replace anything in my current bag, but I have made 2 unexpected long throw-ins.

1 was an uphill 120'--125' shot, the other was in the 200'--215' range, also uphill so I will continue testing to see if she holds up. I have hit a few trees, but they were nothing that would cause any taco action.

But comparing Star to Z and MVPs overmold in the first place isn't? Make an absurd statement and get one in return.

well i am thinking about using the shark3 for a wasp replacement.

the Shark3 i threw was definitely more O/S than the wasp i used to bag , maybe i threw a fluke shark3 or wasp but that's my expirience. For reference the Wasp i used to throw was really similar to a new Roc.

Yeah I'm sticking with Z Buzzzes for my midrange needs. The Atlas, Mako3, Shark3 and Roc3 are some nice releases by Innova though.

Latest posts