• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Buzzz vs. Atlas

LavaBoii

So I picked up the new Innova Atlas recently and I love how the disc flies. The flight pattern seems to have no turn what so ever with barely any fade. I feel like the disc also had a good glide on it. Not the mention the disc feels amazing in your hand. So here's my question, for the people who have tried out an Atlas and carry a Buzzz, do you believe the Atlas could replace the Buzzz in your bag? I am personally a huge Buzzz fan but after I threw the Atlas, I am questioning if I even need a Buzzz in the bag anymore. I am really interested to see what you guys think!

I'm considering ordering an Atlas today, and your review here is about to make me press the "spend money" button. What weight did you get? Should I go heavy like I would for a Buzzz or Roc? Not that it matters, but I'm curious, what color combo did you get? I'm also a Buzzz thrower too, so I'll definitely compare.

i actually ordered 2 2014 Japan Open Atlas'. I decided to put one a way and to throw the other. The one I am throwing has a white rim and orange base w/ a white stamp. The weight is 180 and all of my Buzzz's are 177+. If you are throwing heavy Buzzz's and Roc's I would buy a heavy Atlas too.

Thanks!

I got a 180g Pink Atlas on DN, dunno the rim color yet. I'm a big MVP fan, but gotta try Innovas style of overmold, and there is nothing I like more than straight flying discs :)

I dropped my Buzzz because I kept using a Comet over and over again. I imagine this disc is somewhere in between a Buzzz and Comet?

I dont think Atlas replaces buzzz at all. Great straight flight, and maybe better for anhyzer that you dont want to flex out. But there are plenty of times when a 15-25' fade at the end of flight is helpful. I see it as a "situation" disc in my bag between the meteor and buzzz. I have been testing Mako3 also but it's much less predictable with any wind. the bead on the atlas ( however small ) seems to help that alot

profile - underside of rim is similar to meteor, but with a bead, and there is less shoulder along with a flatter flight plate.

IMG_1604_zpsdcf746dc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Does anyone have a md2 and an atlas to take a pic side to side. Someone said they have the same bottom?

I would think that you would want to throw the Atlas for a while to see if you like how it seasons before you think about abandoning the Buzzz completely. If you're liking the Atlas right now, keep throwing it.

And that wing does look very similar to the MD2. If they're the same, that means the Atlas is plus-rimmed ladies and gents...

any new reports?
i am a buzzz thrower, and am very happy with them
however....... my wife grabbed an atlas and i got a shark3 this weekend in a players pack
and i am wondering if i should just try and trade them off while still brand new, or take them out and throw them

any new reports?
i am a buzzz thrower, and am very happy with them
however....... my wife grabbed an atlas and i got a shark3 this weekend in a players pack
and i am wondering if i should just try and trade them off while still brand new, or take them out and throw them

I've never thrown the Atlas, but the Shark3 glides and fades more than the buzzz.

I bagged a Buzzz for a short time, but it was replaced by the Vector, which has been replaced by the Tensor.
The Atlas flies like a shorter Axis for me.

The more realistic comparison is atlas to buzz ss. both discs were in my bag at one time, neither one is now. They both have more turn brand new than a buzz, and they tend to stick to the line you give them. The atlas just did not click for me, and neither did the buzz ss. I now bag a coyote for neutral stable workable lines and a gator for OS, then a mako for US.

The more realistic comparison is atlas to buzz ss. both discs were in my bag at one time, neither one is now. They both have more turn brand new than a buzz, and they tend to stick to the line you give them. The atlas just did not click for me, and neither did the buzz ss. I now bag a coyote for neutral stable workable lines and a gator for OS, then a mako for US.

Sounds like a case of the OAT's.

Atlas more stable then Buzz or SS

Coyote more Understable then Mako

http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/pdf/JoesFlightChart1.pdf

Sounds like a case of the OAT's.

Atlas more stable then Buzz or SS

Coyote more Understable then Mako

http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/pdf/JoesFlightChart1.pdf

sorry but I am not OATing my throws. I will not agree with you at all. The coyote does not turn on me when thrown flat the mako does. the atlas and the ss flew the same for me when thrown flat. The mako, atlas, and ss all have some turn when thrown flat, for me. I love how whenever someone has a varying opinion on flight paths from you it is always OAT. That is not the case here. With proper form, arm speed, and snap, the mako, atlas, and SS will turn.

sorry but I am not OATing my throws. I will not agree with you at all. The coyote does not turn on me when thrown flat the mako does. the atlas and the ss flew the same for me when thrown flat. The mako, atlas, and ss all have some turn when thrown flat, for me. I love how whenever someone has a varying opinion on flight paths from you it is always OAT. That is not the case here. With proper form, arm speed, and snap, the mako, atlas, and SS will turn.

Maybe you got a couple funky discs. My experience is generally spot on with Blake's chart. My Atlas and Mako don't turn at all while my Buzz SS and Coyote did (I sold it).

That may be. The mako is more straight than anything, the coyote has some fade at the end, the atlas was a little turn to a little fade, the buzz ss turned a lot. You may have gotten a funky coyote because if you look at inbounds, which is where I go and trust for flight ratings that is how the coyote and mako fly for me.

Sorry I just reread my original post and realized I said US for mako, meant straight. I can make the mako turn easier than the coyote and stay turned though.

Latest posts