• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Buzzz vs. Roc

Dan Ensor

Sophomore
What makes the Roc so much better than other mids (i.e. buzzz) at cycling? (Or is there another mid better for cycling?) Does anyone cycle Buzzzes, or any other mids?

The best mid for you is the Adidas Ultimate Disc. That way when you and your friends are cycling you'll have something to play catch with if you stop for a break.

because if its ability to loose lss before hss. it looses its fade first. then they start to turn. rocs are magic cycled. I dont think that there is a better mid for cycling dx rocs are what they are and people love them. it would almost have to be a base line mid of some sort.

buzzz would be difficult that is why people carry different plastics etc.

and nice trolling. thought id give a legit answer just in case.

I cycle DX/KC Rocs personally but I've seen other people cycle other Mids. I've seen people cycle Ghosts, Sharks & I even meet a guy who cycled ESP Wasps. One reason why I don't see many people cycle the Buzzz is b/c they aren't very good in baseline plastic (Pro D blows). Also people who cycle Mids tend to like a more overstable Mid than a Buzzz so they can cover all the slots in the bag for Mids. I've noticed most Buzzz throwers usually pair them with an understable & overtstable Mid to cover all the shots needed for their Mid game.

because if its ability to loose lss before hss. it looses its fade first. then they start to turn. rocs are magic cycled. I dont think that there is a better mid for cycling dx rocs are what they are and people love them. it would almost have to be a base line mid of some sort.

buzzz would be difficult that is why people carry different plastics etc.

and nice trolling. thought id give a legit answer just in case.

I read somewhere that everything loses lss first; is the roc that much superior at it? Or do some really lose hss first?

D Buzzzes aren't even the same disc ....

X Buzzzes are nice, though, and would seem to be a good disc to cycle.

I don't need a disc between my buzzz and Drone, and even the most stable Ranchos can't compete with a Drone. But I do see why a Wasp or Roc would be preferable. There are a lot of other popular os mids out there, though, and I don't see them being cycled like rocs.

This is going to sound like innova hate (it might be) but does it have something to do with premium Rocs being crap (until Roc3)? (I have heard complaints; I haven't thrown other premium rocs)

One thing I thought about, is that some discs don't seem to flip out of a hyzer very well, and the Buzzz seems to be one of them. I've never beat a Wasp or Ghost enough to know about them, though.

Does anyone out there cycle Squalls?

Some of the premium Rocs are beast, anyone who tells you otherwise is obviously using their money to buy rocks not Rocs.

I hope you don't do what everyone thinks you're gonna do, and FLIP OUT man!

Does MVP pay you or did they just brainwash you?

I often wonder that myself with all the militant mvp fan boys. Mvp makes nice discs but it gets a little tiring when, no matter the question, mvp is always the one and only answer.

"I'm looking for a speed 12 destroyer like disc in opto, lucid, or vip. Thoughts? "

"Get a volt. No one needs speed 12. End thread"

"Looking for a base line, grippy putter. "

"Ion. Thank me later."

"What's better, a roc or a buzz? "

"Neither. Get a Mvp _________"

"looking for a new bag. Grip or spinal tap? "

"Buy mvp. Since mvp doesn't make bags, you don't need one. You'll thanks me later."

Other than the buzzz, discraft doesn't directly have any mids in a beatable plastic that are stable; DGA has the Shockwave and Aftershock, though; are people cycling them?

I saw the cycling of ESP Wasps, and Ghosts; they're so similar to the roc, though ... maybe it is something about that design?

One thing I thought about, is that some discs don't seem to flip out of a hyzer very well, and the Buzzz seems to be one of them. I've never beat a Wasp or Ghost enough to know about them, though.

Does anyone out there cycle Squalls?

I've got an ESP Buzzz that has seen its fair share of wooded fairways. It is now at the point that I can use it as a turnover mid, or a hyzer-flip to turnover mid. I agree that the process is much more complicated than Rocs in base plastic, but I promise if you like the Buzzz so much (like I do) it will accomplish much of what you need.

I now carry a Z Buzzz for stable shots and an ESP Buzzz for understable shots. Because I play a lot of wooded courses, I don't see enough heavy winds for an OS mid to be necessary. I have a Zone that covers plenty of distance when necessary. The fade that my Z Buzzz has is enough for me. If I need something more, though, I very well may just grab myself a Ti Buzzz.

Not exactly conventional, but it works for me. The Buzzz is my go-to in so many situations.