• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Buzzz vs. Roc

It's not about distance, it's about learning to throw cleanly with power. A new roc can take a full power throw with a power grip from any player out there and it's not going to turn and burn if you do it cleanly. If your roc is doing that it's you not the roc, and learning to stop doing that is going to help your form with your faster discs too.

I have plenty good form with my rocs. And no, I don't own any new rocs, they hyzer flip beautifully though.
I've played for 1 year now, I have over 100 discs and none of them were bought new lol. I finally recently bought a new disc for the first time. So, I have plenty of experience with beat in discs, which takes much more skill than throwing something new and overstable.

I think you're still missing my point. New or beat, your roc shouldn't be turning and burning on you with a power grip. If it is, you do have a problem with your form and it's likely robbing you of distance with your drivers. Mids and putters are less forgiving of that type of error, so they're a good place to learn how to throw cleanly. As I said above, I often use a fork grip on my rocs, but that's because I'm a little more comfortable with it. I made myself learn to throw rocs and wizards with a power grip first and it really helped my form with all my discs.

I never said I turned and burned my rocs with a power grip, that is something you just assumed.
That's your problem here.
It's not that I cannot throw a roc cleanly with a power grip, it's that I choose a fan/hybrid grip over the power grip for various reasons, including increased accuracy, feel, touch, and comfort.
No matter how good I get with a roc with power grip (and I'm quite good at that already), it still isn't as amazing as throwing a roc with a hybrid grip, my opinion.

And I think that's something the OP should try.

I'm not necessarily talking just to you, I'm giving information to the OP. I am disagreeing with the statement you made that you shouldn't throw a roc with a power grip.

I like both the buzzz and the roc. But mentally I rely on my buzzzes better. The first time I held a buzzz I instantly got that feeling like this is the disc

Haha. That is exactly how I feel but from the opposite. Mentally, I rely on my Rocs better. It is without a doubt because I have thrown my Rocs much more than my Buzz. There are some throws i simply feel calls for a quick Buzz. But there are dozens more that without question I reach for a Roc and my baby does just what I need her to do. It's a quirky relationship. :p

Latest posts