• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Buzzz vs. Roc

So, for you guys cycling rocs, do you stick to one type (sm, r, o)? Or do you grab an Ontario to speed up the beating process?

I gots them all, 4 Rancho, 1 San Marino, 1 Ontario.

For stabilty they go.

Champ Rancho Roc (Overstable), CE Rancho Roc (Stable to Overstable), DX San Marino(Stable to Slightly Understable), DX Rancho(Stable to Understable), DX Ontario(Understable), DX Rancho(Understable to Uselessly Understable)

So, for you guys cycling rocs, do you stick to one type (sm, r, o)? Or do you grab an Ontario to speed up the beating process?

I carry four Ranchos. Three chings Newish for OS shots, one thats PERFECT right now; I can get on it she will hold straight quite a ways then fade softly, and Beat Chinger for dead straight shots and air bounces.. Then a new style DX Roc that has suprisingly beat in faster than expected. Shes my understable lady.

For stabilty they go.

Champ Rancho Roc (Overstable), CE Rancho Roc (Stable to Overstable), DX San Marino(Stable to Slightly Understable), DX Rancho(Stable to Understable), DX Ontario(Understable), DX Rancho(Understable to Uselessly Understable)

So, are there any differences that a little beating won't fix?

for years i've been cycling dx rancho rocs but this summer i added a roc3 for my OS slot.

for years i've been cycling dx rancho rocs but this summer i added a roc3 for my OS slot.

I haven't thrown a lot of rocs, but the kc pro rancho I'm throwing is more stable than the roc3s I have. Does dx just make that much difference, or is my kcp a fluke?

I haven't thrown a lot of rocs, but the kc pro rancho I'm throwing is more stable than the roc3s I have. Does dx just make that much difference, or is my kcp a fluke?

Nope your KC Pro should be more overstable than your Roc 3, unless you have one of the ones before they tweeked the mold, then they would be about the same stabilty. And I like DX becaue it holds its line longer than all the other plastics. Even if I have a dx and a kc roc both beat in the same the DX will hold whatever line just a little bit longer.

So, are there any differences that a little beating won't fix?
What do you mean by this

If I get a Rancho and beat it in just a hair, will it fly like a San Marino? And if I then beat those two up a little more, will they both fly like an Ontario? And if I beat them all to snot after that, will they all flip the same, and hold the lines the same?

If I get a Rancho and beat it in just a hair, will it fly like a San Marino? And if I then beat those two up a little more, will they both fly like an Ontario? And if I beat them all to snot after that, will they all flip the same, and hold the lines the same?

For the most part yes, but they all just have a different feel in the hand

For the most part yes, but they all just have a different feel in the hand

Are there differences between older Ontario and the "new" runs of Ontario that are tourney discs? They definitely feel different in the hand.

I just stick to Rancho Rocs because they're easier to find in baseline plastic & they can cover all my Mid slots easily. I find no use for the other mold variations because a beat Rancho does the job well. I carry two DX, two KC & one Champion Rancho Roc. I carried a Roc3 for awhile but my Roc3 overlapped with my other Rocs & I prefer my Champ Rancho in my overstable Roc slot over a KC.

Are there differences between older Ontario and the "new" runs of Ontario that are tourney discs? They definitely feel different in the hand.

For flight, not really. For me they both fly the same the differences are in the plastic and the older Ontarios are a touch not as domey. For me I like older dx over the newer stuff so I like the older Ontarios, but they are hard to find. But Im not going to go out of my way to get on older one, but if I get an older one Im not going to complain.

So, if you went to a store to start a new batch of rocs to cycle (if that happens) and SMs were $3 cheaper per disc than Ranchos, would you get them?

That's what happened; there were some double/quad stamped SMs, and even though I really liked the Ranchos, I grabbed the SMs instead. Not really a downside for me, since I don't have a preference yet. But I wanted some thoughts on the subject for future reference.

So, if you went to a store to start a new batch of rocs to cycle (if that happens) and SMs were $3 cheaper per disc than Ranchos, would you get them?

That's what happened; there were some double/quad stamped SMs, and even though I really liked the Ranchos, I grabbed the SMs instead. Not really a downside for me, since I don't have a preference yet. But I wanted some thoughts on the subject for future reference.

Very good choice. The San Marino is the original Roc mold so it is where the Roc came from and why it is so popular. Now its not going to be extremely overstable or anything but it should be stable to slightly overstable. Personally if I had to start over with a brand new set of rocs that I could get off the shelf then I would get a Star Rancho to fill my overstable slot, a dx rancho to fill my overstable to stable slot, then just a couple dx san marinos to start breaking in to all states of wear for all the other shots.

For stabilty they go.

Been lookin to get into cycling rocs, this is good info. Thanks.

I'm really liking the KC Pro also. I hit one tree with dx, and it's got a slight crease now. Same tree hit (possibly harder) with pro gave it a slight scratch.