• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Caddy's

Do you use a Caddy for Disc Golf?

• Yes

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • No, but I could I wanted to

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I don't have the option

Votes: 41 58.6%

• Total voters
No caddy. Really don't won't one. A disc golf cart would be cool though.

I played in a tournament where this guys 14 year old son was his caddy. I thought it was a little weird, but I didn't say anything.
Had two guys at a tournament bring caddies. Really annoying and unnecessary.

I don't use a caddy unless my gf doesn't want to play that tournament, and then she'll sometimes come along. I've played a few events with people who had friends or other relatives caddy for them, and it didn't seem weird or annoying at all. As long as the caddy is respectful and understands the etiquette of the sport and the tournament it doesn't bother me at all, and an extra set of eyes looking for discs is nice too.

I don't forsee ever being good enough to deserve a caddy, but i would definitely be interested in caddying for an A tier event, just to watch and pick up on how people who do not suck at disc golf go through a round.

Some kid at Bowling Green paid that pro innova kid Will shurstrick or somthing like that 100$ to caddy... Will was pretty cool but the kid he caddied for didn't do to good

There really would be no need for a caddy for me. I only like to carry around 12 Discs and use the Innova standard bag, so there really wouldn't be a point in a caddy.

I only use my parents when they volunteer. One tourney I sent my dad looking for a disc while I carried my bag for the next couple of holes.

I guess I don't have a 25 disc bag like some but I see no reason for me to have someone walk an entire course with me to carry 12 discs, my wallet, phone, smokes, lighter, some other stuff, and my keys. I would just feel weird.

I would rent a Segway once or twice, that would be kick ass at a few courses I know, some others not so much.

Last tournament, my brother and I were playing different divisions. Anytime we werent playing, we would caddy for eachother. I know I played much better with my brother helping me out with disc selection and keeping my confidence up. Unfortunately Im not sure if I was as helpful for him, but I enkoyed helping him out carrying his bag and watching his card play through the rest of the tournament.

By the way, those of you who think it is "annoying and unnecessary" or "weird". Want to explain? I can understand someone feeling it is "unnecessary" but I can't understand your train of thought if you're going to have negative, instead of neutral, feelings about OTher players choosing to use caddies.

I'm thinking of asking my girlfriend to caddy my first solo tournament this weekend. It may or may not go over well. Wish me luck.

Well, she may want to enter the tournament too. Thus ruining my chances of having two rounds of not carrying my bag. Life is hard sometimes :D

My brother was my caddy at one tournament, but just because he was bored. Other than that no. It was nice not having to carry my bag, it's pretty heavy

I played in a tournament where this guys 14 year old son was his caddy. I thought it was a little weird, but I didn't say anything.

I agree with Midnight. Little weird..... well at least different. I think it's probably because it's just not done much.

That said my wife will caddy for me when I just go out for a casual round. She likes the walk. I don't really need her to carry the bag but it's fun. Actually since she's been doing it she's getting into DG and wouldn't mind playing so I guess it's a win-win.

I agree with Midnight. Little weird..... well at least different. I think it's probably because it's just not done much.

That said my wife will caddy for me when I just go out for a casual round. She likes the walk. I don't really need her to carry the bag but it's fun. Actually since she's been doing it she's getting into DG and wouldn't mind playing so I guess it's a win-win.

A wife on the course is a no-win situation :p

All the single ladies are welcome, just don't come with a group of 5 guys... Maybe a group of other ladies!

I played a pdga tourney today and there was a guy with a caddy. Caddy was handing him discs and giving him advice and stuff. Everybody who was watching this guy thought it was kind of goofy for a disc golfer to have a caddy. I guess not having to carry a bag would be nice but come on, lol.

Had two guys at a tournament bring caddies. Really annoying and unnecessary.

The caddie that I used in a tournament was a guy that was just learning the game and wanted to see what the tournament experience was all about. Not annoying, not unnecessary. Maybe you shouldn't get your panties in a wad next time.

i would consider it lazy if someone had a caddy...just like a golfer. its just my opinion...on that note, i wouldn't mind being a caddy for a tourney w/ someone that knows how to play so i can hopefully learn something new

My 11 year old son caddied for me at a league event, and may be caddying for me on Saturday if I play a tournament. It is a fun way for he and I to spend some time together, we can talk about disc golf, and he isn't stuck home alone when his mom goes to do something. So I think it is fine, but it certainly isn't the norm.

Was a good time for us though, and not having to carry the bag was kind of nice.

I don't really see a need for one unless you are in a tourney. I can definitely see the benefit in having on for a tourney because then you save energy without having to carry your bag and you have someone there that might see another shot that you ignored or couldn't see from your angle. Personally I just plan on making a cart. That way I can bring a cooler and bag and save the stress on my back lol.

My friend Mitch had to withdrawal from a tournament last weekend. He tried to throw that morning but an injury prevented him from competing. Still wanting to be a part of the event he asked me if I would like a caddie. BEST THING EVER! Aside from not having to carry my bag, the few times we hit backups he walked ahead and spotted, quickly clearing out the backups. I finished tied for 5th in Advanced out of a competitive field of 40.

I've caddied for my wife the last 3 years of TX women's championships and last year at KC am worlds. I must say, it is fun to do.

Yeah, I'd like to have a caddy ... how about one like this?

Can you see me tooling up to the clubhouse, getting out, brushing dust off my trousers before grabbing my bag from the boot and heading out on the course??? :D :D :D

Latest posts