• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Called the cops on some punk kids

Move out of the ghetto. I sound white on the phone, this is a suburb, and the kids were described as either dark skinned latino or south east asian.

The cops heard "White man in trouble with some minorities" and they came a running :)

The Duke Lacrosse team would beg to differ.:|

You did the right thing. Maybe it will end up actually making these kids think twice before they are about to do something similar in the future.

I call the police now. There was a time in my life where I would have took every one of them on at the same time Mike Vallely style.

Fortunately for them, the years have passed and I have calmed a bit in my old age. Even when I was a skateboarding kid back in the 90's, I was respectful of the law and didn't destroy others property. I think kids today are worse - because their parents suck. Now, that is not saying I wouldn't LOVE to go slam their heads into the park bench repeatedly and partake in a little of the ultraviolence every now and again - but the priorities have shifted with a daughter and wife.

Am I the only person left in the world that remembers getting beat half to death (and I don't mean a paddling) for doing stupid stuff? Sometimes I feel like my dad was part of the last generation of spare the rod spoil the child.

my .02 - sorry if it is rambling.

I call the police now. There was a time in my life where I would have took every one of them on at the same time Mike Vallely style.

Fortunately for them, the years have passed and I have calmed a bit in my old age. Even when I was a skateboarding kid back in the 90's, I was respectful of the law and didn't destroy others property. I think kids today are worse - because their parents suck. Now, that is not saying I wouldn't LOVE to go slam their heads into the park bench repeatedly and partake in a little of the ultraviolence every now and again - but the priorities have shifted with a daughter and wife.

Am I the only person left in the world that remembers getting beat half to death (and I don't mean a paddling) for doing stupid stuff? Sometimes I feel like my dad was part of the last generation of spare the rod spoil the child.

my .02 - sorry if it is rambling.

So you been playing DG for 40 years and your 27.....? Kind of hard to get a good pull for a drive in the womb. But, I guess with enough practice............:confused:

Decided to go play a quick round with the family at Hansen Park in New Brighton. Teed off behind a group of 5 teens who had I think 6 discs between them. On hole 8 they decided to try and break a picnic table. by 3 of them jumping up and down on it they managed to break the bench. This course was almost pulled a couple years ago because of complaints from the neighbors, so I really hate seeing stuff like this.

Wife and I decided to pull out the cell phone and call the cops on the little punk bastards. Less than 2 holes later the cops show up and charge the lot of them with vandalism and bounce them from the park.

Had a good discussion with my 12 year old about how destroying things that you don't own isn't OK, and we headed home. Making me feel a bit like an old man at the moment as these were dumb teenagers doing something dumb, and instead of taking part like I would have 15 years ago, it pissed me off so much I called the cops to get them kicked out of the park.

**** I'm old.

:thmbup: I say those kids deserved it.

It kind of makes me feel better about the park I go to. On hole 4 some punk kids knocked down the beautiful sign that was put in just last year.

Someone took upon themselves to fix it with some brackets, but it still made me very upset.

Even though like you said 15 years ago I may have done a few things I am not proud of now.

maybe it is to make you figure out which is a fallacy.

I really have no clue how it got to be 40.9 years - I haven't the foggiest where that field is, or how to change it. I kind of feel it is irrelevant - if I ever found it I would change it to zero and leave it there.

I could be one of those crazy cool reincarnation guys and think I have lived past lives, or make up some good karmic bullsh$% but it really is no magic. I am just that awesome. Moms womb was great, spent a good 13 years in there before deciding I would grace you all with my presence. :thmbup:

This is where things get complicated for me.....
I hate cops, hate everything they stand for. Normally I'd regulate on some punk kids jay and silent bob style, but at a dg course I refrain from violence.
All in all, I guess you did the right thing.... But torching their cars would of worked too;)

I feel that

Decided to go play a quick round with the family at Hansen Park in New Brighton. Teed off behind a group of 5 teens who had I think 6 discs between them. On hole 8 they decided to try and break a picnic table. by 3 of them jumping up and down on it they managed to break the bench. This course was almost pulled a couple years ago because of complaints from the neighbors, so I really hate seeing stuff like this.

Wife and I decided to pull out the cell phone and call the cops on the little punk bastards. Less than 2 holes later the cops show up and charge the lot of them with vandalism and bounce them from the park.

Had a good discussion with my 12 year old about how destroying things that you don't own isn't OK, and we headed home. Making me feel a bit like an old man at the moment as these were dumb teenagers doing something dumb, and instead of taking part like I would have 15 years ago, it pissed me off so much I called the cops to get them kicked out of the park.

**** I'm old.

Guess I'm old too - I'D DO THE SAME! Thanks!

I was at Moir Park yesterday for the Bloomington Open. While it was not worthy of calling the cops because they did not cause any damage, but they were two teenage boys who were well aware that not only was the park packed with normal traffic, but there were an extra 60 disc golfers there for a tournament.

Now the Bloomington Open does not use the traditional cone baskets for the tournament but a layout using 18 temp baskets that get placed there only twice a year. We were not going to interfere with any Rec players. Despite that, these two teenagers took upon themselves to hang out in the forest behind one of the temp holes, no where near the regular portion of the course. At first I was suspicious that they were going to hang out there to steal discs. Instead they were just running around the forest, whooping it up as loud as they could, and trying to peg each as hard as they can with their discs (at a distance no greater than 20 feet).

That was far more distracting than the three girls at the playground screaming bloody murdered. We actually thought they were being savagely beaten until we came into sight of them.

I was at Moir Park yesterday for the Bloomington Open. While it was not worthy of calling the cops because they did not cause any damage, but they were two teenage boys who were well aware that not only was the park packed with normal traffic, but there were an extra 60 disc golfers there for a tournament.

Now the Bloomington Open does not use the traditional cone baskets for the tournament but a layout using 18 temp baskets that get placed there only twice a year. We were not going to interfere with any Rec players. Despite that, these two teenagers took upon themselves to hang out in the forest behind one of the temp holes, no where near the regular portion of the course. At first I was suspicious that they were going to hang out there to steal discs. Instead they were just running around the forest, whooping it up as loud as they could, and trying to peg each as hard as they can with their discs (at a distance no greater than 20 feet).

That was far more distracting than the three girls at the playground screaming bloody murdered. We actually thought they were being savagely beaten until we came into sight of them.
You could have given them tips on how to be more accurate with their throws. :thmbup:

maybe it is to make you figure out which is a fallacy.

I really have no clue how it got to be 40.9 years - I haven't the foggiest where that field is, or how to change it. I kind of feel it is irrelevant - if I ever found it I would change it to zero and leave it there.

I could be one of those crazy cool reincarnation guys and think I have lived past lives, or make up some good karmic bullsh$% but it really is no magic. I am just that awesome. Moms womb was great, spent a good 13 years in there before deciding I would grace you all with my presence. :thmbup:

Go to the "MY DASHBOARD" link at the top of the page. Change the date you started playing...

And you call "Who" when you car gets stolen, or someone breaks into your home, or your wife is assaulted?

What would the cops do after the fact- write a police report?
If something like that happened I'd try to protect myself and my family. If it was after the fact, I'd call my cuz- a real biker that's a leading member of one of Detroit's biker gangs. I'd want vengence- not police reports.
Crimes go unpunished and even if they are caught, they go free in no time. Our criminal justice system is failing, our jails are overcrowded.
Wake up!

What would the cops do after the fact- write a police report?
If something like that happened I'd try to protect myself and my family. If it was after the fact, I'd call my cuz- a real biker that's a leading member of one of Detroit's biker gangs. I'd want vengence- not police reports.
Crimes go unpunished and even if they are caught, they go free in no time. Our criminal justice system is failing, our jails are overcrowded.
Wake up!

You'd sick a biker gang on teenage punks for breaking a bench?

Like the late, great Frank Zappa once said, "That's like amputating the head to cure a headache"...or something like that.

No, I don't promote violence at dg courses or any events related to dg.
That was in response to mb's post of if someone stole my car, broke in my house, and assulted my wife. Then yes, punisher style vengence is due.

You'd sick a biker gang on teenage punks for breaking a bench?

Like the late, great Frank Zappa once said, "That's like amputating the head to cure a headache"...or something like that.

Ever heard of Altamont?