• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Calling All LANCASTER PA Disc Golfers

t4mayer

Hello all, I recently moved to Lancaster PA from the suburbs of Chicago for a job by myself so I don't know anybody in the area and I am looking for people to throw with. If anybody is interested respond to this post or email me at [email protected]. I am willing to drive to get to good courses and good people so let me know I am eager to find people in the area. This site has been a good resource for finding courses but if anybody has some more tips, all is welcome.

Thanks

I live in south jersey but would be willing to get together at some point. Courses you want to look at hitting are sedgely woods in phila., it's the second basket course ever. Tyler state park. Then the allentown area has a lot of great courses. Jordan creek, little lehigh, nockamixon, tinicum, south mountain.

I've got family in Lancaster. If I'm ever up there, I'll PM you.

Check out Gifford Pinchot State Park and the Llamas club in York which isn't far. Codorus State Park is probably an hour or so from Lancaster and has 54 sweet holes.

Hit up irishdw. He lives in York and plays the courses at Pinchot State Park with the rest of the Llamas.

Wow, they are actually holding league at Overlook Park, the course which was laid out by employees of the Manheim Township Recreation Department who knew absolutely nothing about disc golf course design.

I can't believe this course is getting even two stars in the reviews. As was described in them, you could just put two baskets at opposite ends of a soccer field and throw back and forth a bunch of times and have a better experience. :thmbdown:

Wow, they are actually holding league at Overlook Park, the course which was laid out by employees of the Manheim Township Recreation Department who knew absolutely nothing about disc golf course design.

I can't believe this course is getting even two stars in the reviews. As was described in them, you could just put two baskets at opposite ends of a soccer field and throw back and forth a bunch of times and have a better experience. :thmbdown:

I have to agree with you about Overlook. Considering I reviewed it and gave it two stars, there is a great way to play it to make it interesting. If you played it recently they mowed in fairways which is a cool idea but not much of an obstacle. If you play them as OB, it creates a course based on controlled landings and actually is a fun course. Otherwise if you just throw, it is very pointless. Haha, but Overlook is a course that I think any of us could have designed ten times better.

Hello all, I recently moved to Lancaster PA from the suburbs of Chicago for a job by myself so I don't know anybody in the area and I am looking for people to throw with. If anybody is interested respond to this post or email me at [email protected]. I am willing to drive to get to good courses and good people so let me know I am eager to find people in the area. This site has been a good resource for finding courses but if anybody has some more tips, all is welcome.

Thanks

if youre ever in the philly area and want to throw at Sedgley shoot me a PM :thmbup:

Lancaster made my list of top places for highest disc golf service levels.

zzLancaster.jpg

For perspective, the course in the middle is Hobson Park Mini DGC and the lowest right is Iron Hill in Newark, DE.

Welcome to the area. As previously stated, we kicked off a new league rotating between Buchmiller, Roland Park, and Overlook. Their is another course taking shape in the Strasburg area, but won't be finished for awhile. Check www.lancasterareafrisbeesports.com for event dates and league announcements.
Also, June 11 we have a fundraiser tournament at Roland Park. Looking forward to meeting ya at one of these courses.
Anytime you need a guide at Roland, hit me up. I live less than a minute from the course.

If you are still looking for people, I would be interested. I currently live 15 minutes from lancaster and am free Mondays and Tuesdays at night