• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Camp Sankanac

This course is only a few upgrades away from being the perfect course. I especially love the minor changes made to hole 2 and hole 10, moving those baskets closer to the water make the upshots intense.

The new 13 is great. One of the hardest holes on the course now. Probably about the same as hole 8.

Is 13 a completely new hole or did they tweak it? Planning on getting up there soon. Hopefully next weekend.

They removed some of the trees that were in the middle of the fairway, and then moved the basket about 200 feet up a hill. It is now a tough par 4. The drive is about the same, you try to land near where the old basket was, then you have a 200 foot shot up to the basket, there are two lanes carved in the trees that allow for either a big anny, or a big hyzer depending on where you are. There is no straight line to the basket.

Wow! The course looked great yesterday. The new pin position on 9 takes the signature hole of that course to the next level. New baskets with some tweaked pin positions made a great course even better. In my opinion there aren't many better courses in the area.

The course also got 3 new concrete tee pads 7,8,9 and should have 9 more put in before the end of October.

Played Sankanac today, it's in fine shape. All new baskets, a practice basket and cement tees now on 2, 7, 8, 9 and 10. Lots of arrows added to help with navigation. 13 was never that good for me, now it's a BITCH of a hole. Both of our doubles teams 5'd it. Ugggh. I'd rate it 4.25 now.

Just a heads up. We have added concrete tee pads to 5,6,7,8,8,10,12,13. We moved the tee pad back on hole 11 20 feet and make it a raised tee pad with stone and a fly or. And there will be 3 more concrete tee pads installed on 1,14,15. The only pads that will not have been updated is 3,161,7,18.

Just a heads up. We have added concrete tee pads to 5,6,7,8,9, 10,12,13. We moved the tee pad back on hole 11 20 feet and made it a raised tee pad with stone and a fly pad. And there will be 3 more concrete tee pads installed on 1,14,15. The only pads that will not have been updated is 3,161,7,18. By the end of October all of the major projects we wanted to accomplish will be done. A couple other small things we want to do but are in no major rush to do:
--short pins on hole 6,7,8,13
--new bridge on hole 11
--short tees and drops zones on a couple holes.
--some erosion control projects.
--drop pin collets in some of the old pin locations so we can play the OLd school layout.
--new pin location on hole 10

Sounds like you are a Them. And They are getting it done.

Just a heads up the course is closing this Wednesday Oct 26-Nov 19 for hunting season and will reopen on Sunday Nov 20. Plan accordingly.

***Camp Sankanac Update***

Camp Sankanac Disc Golf Course closure and new hours of operation.

The course will be completely closed from Wednesday October 25 through Saturday November 18,2017 for hunting. The course will reopen on Sunday November 19th at 12 noon.

***New course hours upon reopening which will be enforced.****

--Sunday 12 noon until 5:00 PM

--Monday through Thursday 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM

--(Please note, these are not start times, they are times when you are allowed on the property.)

--Course Closed year-round Fridays and Saturdays and From Memorial Day to Labor Day

I apologize for the inconvenience of the restricted hours. The popularity and heavy use of the course has had negative effects on other areas of our ministry. So in efforts to keep a healthy balance, we find it necessary to cut back on the hours we can offer the course for open play.

Blessings,
Roy A Schell
Executive Director: Camp Sankanac
610 469 6320

I'll be staying at Nockamixon cabin the week before Memorial Day next year for 6 nights...This course is on my list to hit (along with Nocky, French Creek, Tyler, Jordan Creek and Sellersville)...it will be my first visit to this area...should I plan on you guys being open during that week?

Last edited:
They usually are open until Memorial Day, but I'm not affiliated with them nor can I guarantee that answer for sure.

I'll be staying at Nockamixon cabin the week before Memorial Day next year for 6 nights...This course is on my list to hit (along with Nocky, French Creek, Tyler, Jordan Creek and Sellersville)...it will be my first visit to this area...should I plan on you guys being open during that week?

They are normally open that week

Latest posts