• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can Scott Stokely compete in the Open division against McBeth & Wysocki in 2015?

Haha how awesome would it have been to see him get pulled over with that "hat" on

Wtf did I just watch. I will laugh pretty hard if he wears the tin foil hat at the next tourney though.

I am teeing off right after him at this weekend's St. Patty's Classic near Sacramento. I will let you know if I see anything. Should be easy for me to spot the next basket if I can find his blue hair putting out.

I am teeing off right after him at this weekend's St. Patty's Classic near Sacramento. I will let you know if I see anything. Should be easy for me to spot the next basket if I can find his blue hair putting out.

One of the local guys that I play with a lot is on his card (Stokely). Another young up and comer from Orangevale Ca. Good luck to you as well this weekend! I think I read that you said you have not played the course before? When you getting to the area? I could get a round in with you and give you some local advise or answer any questions you may have.

One of the local guys that I play with a lot is on his card (Stokely). Another young up and comer from Orangevale Ca. Good luck to you as well this weekend! I think I read that you said you have not played the course before? When you getting to the area? I could get a round in with you and give you some local advise or answer any questions you may have.

Unfortunately I fly in after work tomorrow and the rounds start Friday. I am planning to walk the course in the morning on Friday. Is there a good local teeing off early I should follow? Also is there a good field in the park I can warm up on? I can't follow Stokely's blue hair or wild hat for that.

Unfortunately I fly in after work tomorrow and the rounds start Friday. I am planning to walk the course in the morning on Friday. Is there a good local teeing off early I should follow? Also is there a good field in the park I can warm up on? I can't follow Stokely's blue hair or wild hat for that.

Indeed there is. About a quarter mile down the street is a community center with soccer and softball fields. They likely wont be in use on Friday and should be wide open to throw, I do it all the time.

Some of the locals who have played here many of times and know all the lines would be people like Drew Gibson, Jim Oates, Chris Shotwell, Gregg Barsby. i would even say Steve Rico and Nikko who won the event last year know it just as good as most of the locals. I was lucky enough to cady for Barsby two out of the last 3 years.

I played the Am weekend and finished -10 under for the tournament and my rating is 933. Here is how the Am weekend finished up.http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/19853

You can defiantly score out there!

well judging from his finish this past weekend the answer is a resounding no. he finished 40 strokes behind Koling and McBeth. he would have cashed in masters but still 24 strokes behind Climo.

His blue hair was still blue at St. Patty's. Looks like Barsby is going to be the one to make a jump to the top of the game.

Ok, so his Fly High Discs line is actually just molds of Gateway's discs renamed to things that will cause a stir here but I am not gonna get into that, I am already rooting against this guy to be honest. Believe it or not I actually met this guy at the Ozark Fall Harvest at Ozark Mountain this past fall. Had no idea who he was but I did recognize the name but still had no idea where from. That right there already tells me that this guys day has come and gone, he should make a little money off of his new disc line and call it a day and maybe come out with some cool new molds. The blue hair and tats.... uhhh I don't think I need to point out that having those things with the Disc Golf reputation at this point and time is a good thing, whether he can compete or not. Now that I am done with my look on this guy, to answer the question, can this guy compete? Well, if he has been playing casual rounds this whole time it's safe to say he has picked up some bad habits, maybe not though. Can he rectify and recover from bad habits? Yes, he has the knowledge and experience to do so. Can Scott Stokely compete against the youngbloods in 2015? My answer is no, coming back into competitive disc golf after 15 years is just too hard, your mindset isn't there. Can Stokely compete in 2016? Sure why not, he will of had plenty of rounds under his belt, will of had plenty of time to get back into the swing of things.

I am sure I gave an obvious answer and added some nice things into why he won't be able to compete against the top guys right now but, those guys are on top for a reason. For someone to come out of the shadows after 15 years and be on the top card with them at any point in 2015 would be quite a feat in itself, especially during an NT or Major event. I am not doubting his ability as a good disc golfer, just doubting he will be on the top card any time soon.

Ok, so his Fly High Discs line is actually just molds of Gateway's discs renamed to things that will cause a stir here but I am not gonna get into that, I am already rooting against this guy to be honest. Believe it or not I actually met this guy at the Ozark Fall Harvest at Ozark Mountain this past fall. Had no idea who he was but I did recognize the name but still had no idea where from. That right there already tells me that this guys day has come and gone, he should make a little money off of his new disc line and call it a day and maybe come out with some cool new molds. The blue hair and tats.... uhhh I don't think I need to point out that having those things with the Disc Golf reputation at this point and time is a good thing, whether he can compete or not. Now that I am done with my look on this guy, to answer the question, can this guy compete? Well, if he has been playing casual rounds this whole time it's safe to say he has picked up some bad habits, maybe not though. Can he rectify and recover from bad habits? Yes, he has the knowledge and experience to do so. Can Scott Stokely compete against the youngbloods in 2015? My answer is no, coming back into competitive disc golf after 15 years is just too hard, your mindset isn't there. Can Stokely compete in 2016? Sure why not, he will of had plenty of rounds under his belt, will of had plenty of time to get back into the swing of things.

I am sure I gave an obvious answer and added some nice things into why he won't be able to compete against the top guys right now but, those guys are on top for a reason. For someone to come out of the shadows after 15 years and be on the top card with them at any point in 2015 would be quite a feat in itself, especially during an NT or Major event. I am not doubting his ability as a good disc golfer, just doubting he will be on the top card any time soon.

Judgemental much? I read every other sentence as it was hurting my eyes. Proof read before hitting submit next time please.

Being covered in tattoos myself, I really, really, REALLY hate it when someone says "tats." It's like when someone says frolf or frisbee golf. Actually, that bothers me way less. I instantly zone out of someone's opinion when they say "tats." I'm sure someone will chime in about finding a job and all that, but I do quite fine for myself, thank you very much.

I'm coming around to Stokely and his antics. It's not hurting anything and sometimes is funny. Disc golf doesn't have too many real legends, but he's one of them. That deserves at least a modicum of respect.

"Frolf" "frisbee golf" aren't derogatory either. It's not weird old Andrew Belet being a grouch, either. This is a common opinion amongst people, like me, who have many tattoos that are meaningful and have some thought put behind them. "Tats" is what people who have no respect for tattoos say. Just like "frolf"

Well today Scott stood up Chico State disc golf club and the event they scheduled today. It was supposed to be a clinic for adapted physical education and the coordinator couldn't get in touch with him the last 4 days. Disappointing to say the least...

Heard about a guy who ordered the whole line up from Fly High (or whatever) and it took him like a month or six weeks to get his discs. And not because they were lost in the mail but because someone was dicking around and didn't send them out. Took like 29 days to ship out and 3 for shipping and when he got them they were all stacked up on one another in a shallow box with basically no padding or bubble to keep them from rattling around in there.