• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

can wait to go back to sandy point

I went there the friday before labor day. I am a big fan of shorter, more technical courses, and this was by far the most memorable course I have played. the course was in perfect shape, i did not see one cig butt the whole time I was there, and I was lucky because with a tourney there that weekend, they had the signature hole 24 open, it is usually closed during the summer tourist season. they actually had 27 holes when i was there (14a, 14b, 14c etc), i would imagine those were extras they set up for the tourney, they were great holes though, so I would imagine they keep them up. I absolutely can not wait to get back there, this place is just one more reason I love the northwoods. Those brooms at every hole, the sweet outhouses (youd have to see them to beleive an outhouse could ever be sweet), the old car in the fairway. I had to sit down about halfway through, just sat for about 15 minutes just soaking it all in. so much thought went into creating this experience, the whole time i just wanted to thank that guy for making something this great. I got a 3 on hole 24, only because my approach did not go all the way into the water. that is a dangerous green! I think i'll be stopping there once or twice more this year on my way to and from my bowhunting weekends.

I went there the friday before labor day. I am a big fan of shorter, more technical courses, and this was by far the most memorable course I have played. the course was in perfect shape, i did not see one cig butt the whole time I was there, and I was lucky because with a tourney there that weekend, they had the signature hole 24 open, it is usually closed during the summer tourist season. they actually had 27 holes when i was there (14a, 14b, 14c etc), i would imagine those were extras they set up for the tourney, they were great holes though, so I would imagine they keep them up. I absolutely can not wait to get back there, this place is just one more reason I love the northwoods. Those brooms at every hole, the sweet outhouses (youd have to see them to beleive an outhouse could ever be sweet), the old car in the fairway. I had to sit down about halfway through, just sat for about 15 minutes just soaking it all in. so much thought went into creating this experience, the whole time i just wanted to thank that guy for making something this great. I got a 3 on hole 24, only because my approach did not go all the way into the water. that is a dangerous green! I think i'll be stopping there once or twice more this year on my way to and from my bowhunting weekends.

Edward what is a cubby ( I do know who cubby is I just want to know what qualifies as a cubby ace) ace? rethrowing from a tee and making it . . . cause I did one of those at Blue Ribbon 2 weeks ago but obviously couldnt claim it as an ace since I hit the tree in the fairway on my first tee shot

Yeah a cubby ace is any ace that was not your first shot on the hole, like you took several shots at it and made one later. somewhere on this forum somebody, i dont remember who or what the subject was, suggested we start callin it that. seems like a great idea to me, if it has a specific name then you really cant include it in your ace count. i still cant make any damn cubby aces though

would a CTP ace count as a cuby ace also, cause then I have two cubby aces to go with my two real aces

sandy point is one of my favorite places to place. my family has a cottage up in that neck of the woods and i always try to get there as many times as possible during memorial day weekend and during a week later on in july. course is always in great shape and the shorter, technical holes are always a fun challenge. i place like that is what i think disc golf is all about. one of the nicest parts of the resort are the owners, mike and michele. they are very nice people and are willing to help out or explain any questions in the pro shop, or just talk about discing in general. if you are ever around the area, i highly recommend making a stop there a priority, especially now since they have the water holes in.

keep an eye out for the black bear that can be spotted on occasion, haha.

If you could only go to one of these, which one would you go to & why? Sandy Point, Highbridge, or Justin Trails?

Latest posts