• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can you be considered a "Pro" and have 0 Aces?

B3NDER

Bending Rodriguez
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I'm bored, title says it all. What if you can park holes like no other, but have had ZERO aces, EVER. Can you still be considered a pro? I think you could...

Discuss :popcorn:

Cigar.png

Why not? I'm by no means a pro, but I have about a 920 rating, been playing for 16 years, and I only have 2 "round" aces.
Yeah, I know, I don't get it either....:wall:

It all depends on how well you can hold rounds together to put up consistently low scores. If you can do that, then there is no reason why you couldn't be a pro with 0 aces.

:popcorn: So far, I would have to say I like both answers. As I said, if you can park holes on a regular, or make those magical 40+ foot putts, then why the hell not?

^ Am I the only one confused by this? I'd rather take a "1" than a "2" any day :)

Even if aces are few and far between, if I could choose between "Birdie/Eagle/Double Eagle" or "ace" I think we all know the logical choice.

^ Am I the only one confused by this? I'd rather take a "1" than a "2" any day :)

Even if aces are few and far between, if I could choose between "Birdie/Eagle/Double Eagle" or "ace" I think we all know the logical choice.

If i had the choice between "few and far between" aces or a 2 on every hole ever and 0 aces i'd take the 2s

^ I hear you there. Logically, that seems like the right choice. After all, it's pretty rare to hear of more than one ace a round. It obviously has happened before, but what are the odds?

of course you could. aces have nothing to do with your pro status. There are tons of Professional ball golfers who have no aces. In most cases an ace isn't the best shot for the hole so what is the likelihood of getting aces when you are trying to get close and make your birdie and win the event?

of course you could. aces have nothing to do with your pro status. There are tons of Professional ball golfers who have no aces. In most cases an ace isn't the best shot for the hole so what is the likelihood of getting aces when you are trying to get close and make your birdie and win the event?

My favorite response so far.

+1 :thmbup:

I would say yes. I know some excellent golfers that never go for aces. They always try to plant it right under the basket. Unless there is a hill or something behind the basket to stop the disc I rarely go for it as well. I've seen guys hit basket or chains and the disc rolls away and they end up with a 3 or 4.

I'd have to say I was better at ball golf than I am at disc golf. I could shoot mid to low 80's at multiple courses, I never came close to a ace. In disc golf I have 6. Not the best comparison

.but I see what you mean

I asked one of the local pros, that is deadly accurate with his mids, why he doesn't hit the acepot that often. His response was "I'm used to playing to it, not through it"... Basically what has already been said... He has more aces than I probably ever will, but he plays to the base of the pole, aces are shots that are 3 feet too high