• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can you hyzer-flip a buzzz?

Peter, I have a friend that has a few FR Buzzzs that you may want to look into. We still on for this weekend?

Hey prerube! Yeah I've been teeing off without any x-step. Just from a standstill, and it seems to be helping. I am also curious what is the significance of this type of throw. Is it more for understable discs, to keep them from turning so much on you?

I mainly use hyzer-flips to get a straight line out of an understable disc. If you hyzer-flip an understable disc properly you can get it to go dead straight with little-to-no fade. You could throw a stable disc flat and it will go straight for most of its flight, but it will fade a lot more at the end than a hyzer-flipped understable disc.

Also, I can hit forehand lines with a backhand if I hyzer-flip a super-understable disc like a Stratus, Glide or Vision to where it turns over late in its flight and continues turning with no fade.

Hey prerube! Yeah I've been teeing off without any x-step. Just from a standstill, and it seems to be helping. I am also curious what is the significance of this type of throw. Is it more for understable discs, to keep them from turning so much on you?

you are asking why you would want to turn over a disc or why to throw with out an X step?

I will tell you the same thing that 100 others will. Watch the Dan Beato videos and work on your pull and release. These videos will fix the nose angle issues and help with your distance.

If the video shows how you really play and is not a joke, you have potential and you have to fix your form even if it is just so your buddies can see what it is supposed to look like. You seem to be the best out of the group, so if you say a technique is working, they will probably try to copy you. You will all get better together.

Also have you told your T-rex friend that likes to do the limbo everytime he throws to stay behind the other throwers? :)

Every Buzzz I have ever thrown will hyzer flip. ESP, FLX, Z, Ti...

I have a glo-cryztal flx coming in the mail, I'll try it out.

but I haven't thrown a coveted 1st run Buzzz which I think would be nice and flat.

Aren't all buzzzes flat? I've only owned 1 buzzz ever, but it's as flat as a board. Also, I used to hyzer flip it until I cleaned up my form a little, now I can't turn it over at all.

yeah other discs do this better but i know a guy that has an old x buzzz and flips it up all day...but it is flying like a comet...nice lines....the x buzzz just gets no love but could cover many shots if one had a few in different stages of flippiness.

As far as hyzer-flipping a Buzzz, I think that if you're hyzer-flipping it or turning it over it's either over-torquing or it's a bad Buzzz. IMO, the good Buzzzes are perfectly stable and will hold any line you put them on. I've owned 2 Z Buzzzes and a FLX Buzzz that did exactly this. Both of these were flat and I find changed very little with wear.

I've owned an Elite-X Buzzz, which was also flat, but as it beat in it continually got more flippy to where it did become a hyzer-flip disc. It also became extremely long-- too long in fact. It just seemed to glide forever instead of having a reliable fade at the end like the Z and FLX. It made it a bit unpredictable and not as accurate for landing it at a certain distance.

And I've owned a ESP Buzzz that was concave and a flippy P.O.S. Horrible, horrible disc that could not actually be used.

Yes. Pro D and X are easier but I've hyzer flipped Z, ESP and FLX too. How much the buzz flattened out of hyzer throws is actually the main reason I stopped throwing them.

The Buzzz is not a good Hyerflip disc. Even my fairly beat EliteX Buzzz will hold a hyzer assuming there is no headwind.