• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Can you say "Dominator"?

Ive had a lot of success with my Destroyers but those speed 13s and I don't get along. Hoping the Dominator will change that..it seems to be a faster Krait.

How the heck do any of you have time to try all of these discs?! So many of these new discs I haven't even had a chance to try and now another one!?!?! Geez. It scares me cuz I think they'll stop producing something I throw now because it overlaps with something new. Then I'll be one of those guys collecting 12x Wraiths. Please god no!

How the heck do any of you have time to try all of these discs?! So many of these new discs I haven't even had a chance to try and now another one!?!?! Geez. It scares me cuz I think they'll stop producing something I throw now because it overlaps with something new. Then I'll be one of those guys collecting 12x Wraiths. Please god no!

The popular ones will stay for sure. I see the Groove, Wahoo, Lycam, Archon, Vulcan, etc. Going out LLLOOOOONNNNGGGG before a Wraith!:clap:

anyone try the first run heavy champs? just wondering if they are overstable or flippy

^idk but innova released the dominator today. Begin preparation for the influx of reviews/hate on this disc.

I got a 172g (non-blizz, duh) Dominator a couple of months ago and for my taste it's nothing special. Brand new, thrown flat and high it will fly on a tight s-curve, finishing with a minimal skip. For reference my max D is right at 475. It's not a bad disc, but I guess you could say there are other discs out there that do the same thing (at least for me).

sounds kinda like a nuke to me

The popular ones will stay for sure. I see the Groove, Wahoo, Lycam, Archon, Vulcan, etc. Going out LLLOOOOONNNNGGGG before a Wraith!:clap:

To be fair, the Archon is a great disc and the Vulcan has it's fans. Also, how many people have actually thrown the Lycan? I'd be down to try it out if my mid spots weren't already full up.

the lycan was actually a decent straight flyer with good glide

the plastic was also quite nice...grippy star

but I don't throw mine anymore as I got better distance out of the Warship
so like the post above no lycan love simply because of so many competitors for the mid slot

as for the Dominator

I'd try it
but it's not a disc I'd go out of my way to add to my bag

but I'd bet a lot of people will

I picked up my 171 Champ Dominator today. My opinion? Beat in Destroyer. I don't have a huge arm, but that's pretty much what it flew like for me. My longest disc is a "more stable than it should be" CFR Vulcan, that I love. I have yet to find a disc that will beat it in distance. I throw about 330, and the Vulcan is the only disc that will do it consistenly for me. The only other disc that I have that's close is a "less stable than it should be" Opto Halo.

But I digress. The Dominator isn't as fast and stable as I hoped. I was hoping for a longer Krait or Halo, but it's netiher.

I picked up my 171 Champ Dominator today. My opinion? Beat in Destroyer. I don't have a huge arm, but that's pretty much what it flew like for me. My longest disc is a "more stable than it should be" CFR Vulcan, that I love. I have yet to find a disc that will beat it in distance. I throw about 330, and the Vulcan is the only disc that will do it consistenly for me. The only other disc that I have that's close is a "less stable than it should be" Opto Halo.

But I digress. The Dominator isn't as fast and stable as I hoped. I was hoping for a longer Krait or Halo, but it's netiher.

So it's like a stable destroyer that's broken in? Or an overstable destroyer that's broken in? If its the latter I might be interested.

Seemed to me to be less stable than a new Destroyer. Like a well beat-in Destroyer. Goes a little understable out of my hand, straight, then small fade at the end. Pretty straight, but didn't seem terribly long for my noodle arm.

Anybody else throwing the dominator? I have one on the way and would like to hear more opinions.
Gary

It's another high speed distance driver with some turn and a reasonably strong fade when the disc slows down. There are some subtle differences versus something like a Nuke or Havoc but you have to be throwing pretty hard to notice much. It's a nice driver but X Nukes are longer for me on wide open distance and seasoned Destroyers are just as good for line shaping in the woods. Doesn't do anything so well that it just had to go in the bag.

Latest posts