• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Can you say "Dominator"?

FredVegasDGC

Double Eagle Member
Innova Champion Discs announced the new high speed Dominator driver in January 2012. After months of waiting, the Dominator is set to be released on September 10th.

Innova says:

The Dominator is a speed 13 plus distance driver designed to give the best of control and long line shaping for higher power players. Similar to the Katana, with more high speed stability, the Dominator has the glide to maximize distance with a predicable turn. Lower power players will be able to use the Dominator in weights down to the mid 130s in Blizzard Champion plastic.

tumblr_m9wo63Sh7R1r5e3wi.jpg

It's actually a great disc. I threw one early this year in 166g champ and it went far on a not so good throw. I'd put it between a Valk and SL in stability but much faster.

DOMINANT DISC. I use to own a blizzard champ dominator. Was a naughty disc, in a good way. I regret selling it.

Exactly what I thought

This needs his signature on it for sure

Do you have his signature so we can get this ball rolling?

Also, back to the OP: How did the thing fly in blizzard plastic? What does it compare to, and are they planning on releasing it in star or any other types of plastic as well?

I hope there more stable at max weight, I have a 164 champ that is Vulcan flippy. Or not to crazy overstable like the max weights that came in the SoCal pack. They were beefier than an ape.

Im loving the Innova Teedevil (12 5 -1 2), I guess ill be checking out the new Plastic soon.

^ it had a totally different top then the blizzard ones now and a huge dome, I mean it was so beefy, I can get those super OS 12x firebirds farther than that dominator

I just got one Champion plastic max weight and it has a very mild dome to it. Havent thrown it yet but I will tomorrow morning and report back!

^ it had a totally different top then the blizzard ones now and a huge dome, I mean it was so beefy, I can get those super OS 12x firebirds farther than that dominator

Wow, i'm so surprised, but I see that u said that it was a unique run. Have you thrown what's-to-be the standard Champion run yet?

I'm really curious if it's going to be like a Nuke or something like that.

My buddy geoffllaw and I have been talking about this disc for about a month now...I was going to buy some factory second from the Innova store, but since they are coming out in a regular run so soon, maybe I'll just wait. I want to throw one, but I'm a little worried as some (okay, most) of Innova's new releases have turned out iffy at best. Will it fall into the Wahoo/Groove category, or will it actually be a Dominating disc? I can't find any in-depth reviews anywhere so I guess I'll just have to try it out for myself...

Latest posts