• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Canton/Medina, OH Area weekend of 10/26

So it looks like we're starting at Portage Lakes Saturday morning. Looking at hotels, can anyone give me a reason why I shouldn't stay in Macedonia over Canton besides driving distance to the course? It's a $30/night price difference without any real travel time (to the course or from home) difference.

So it looks like we're starting at Portage Lakes Saturday morning. Looking at hotels, can anyone give me a reason why I shouldn't stay in Macedonia over Canton besides driving distance to the course? It's a $30/night price difference without any real travel time (to the course or from home) difference.

Personally I think driving through downtown canton can be a pain in the ass so your plan sounds good.

I'll be at portage lakes at 7:30-8 assuming nothing changes until then.

Personally I think driving through downtown canton can be a pain in the ass so your plan sounds good.

I'll be at portage lakes at 7:30-8 assuming nothing changes until then.

Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at travel times last night, and it's half the distance but only five minutes less driving time from Canton than Macedonia to the course.

I was just about to post, as it hails on my house, and having driven through hail to play in league at Ashtabula last night (in rain, wind, and 40° temps) that I'm probably out… then I look at the weather forecast and it's actually slightly improved for Saturday. High of 49 (up from 45), 10% chance of rain (down from 30), mostly cloudy (who cares)… They added "windy" but that's probably fine.

So whatever. I'll still decide late tomorrow night, but it's better than 50/50 at this point.

Wish I could join you guys. All of those courses on on my to do list but I had to choose my discin' carefully for this weekend since it is our anniversary on Sunday. I got permission months ago to do the ace race in Lancaster (flat rocks) and already had to decline All Day's invite to give him a schoolin' on Saturday. If anyone (Steve) can make it to Lancaster on the way back through Columbus area, our race is not starting until 2:00.
Have fun, guys. I'll be thinkin of ya.

Wish I could join you guys. All of those courses on on my to do list but I had to choose my discin' carefully for this weekend since it is our anniversary on Sunday. I got permission months ago to do the ace race in Lancaster (flat rocks) and already had to decline All Day's invite to give him a schoolin' on Saturday. If anyone (Steve) can make it to Lancaster on the way back through Columbus area, our race is not starting until 2:00.
Have fun, guys. I'll be thinkin of ya.

Aren't anniversary's like weddings? You can't see the bride the day before the event? Better come just to be sure. :D

The Ace Race sounds tempting, but I think I'm coming back Saturday night. I would have Smokey with me anyway so it's probably best that I pass. :(

I'll urge you to go later during the Pens game!

Odds are good at this point. Cold I can deal with. Wind (so long as it's not really, really obnoxious) is fine. Especially in doubles play, since you can make a bad throw here and there.

It's basically rain I don't want to deal with at all. :)

I unfortunately will not be able to attend. :( I have been charged with the responsibility of watching my 4yr old nephew Saturday morning. Poop! We should do this next year!

Have Fun Fellas!!! :thmbup:

I'm dropping the wife off at some mall in Cleveland, and it's going to be about 33° at 8am, so I'm skipping out on Portage Lakes. I'll be at Arboretum-Spiker at about 11:30.

I texted tbird888 and el_duder. Mike C also has my number.

Weather.com says dusk is 6:29, so a round at noon and 4pm at Wildwood should be good. 34 holes of nice disc golf. :) Good luck to all those playing the 8am round. I'd have come, but my wife and kiddo were just not comfortable being dropped off at some mall near Cleveland before 7am. :D

I'm leaving at 6ish, so I should be there between 8 and 8:15. My number if anyone needs to reach me is:

(four one nine) four six four - two four seven six

Waking up early didn't work out so well for me. I'm going to head out about 8:30 and should be able to meet up at Arboretum with everyone.

What the hell. I work security at the bar until 3am, get a little over an hour of sleep, and I'm first here. Ya'll ladies be slackin :|

We're finishing 17 at p lakes now, if you're on schedule to be there at 11 still you'll have ten or fifteen to putt.

So how about that uphill JUMP PUTT on the last hole we played? God I'm such a rebel, everyone knows jump putts are only legal on flat ground :D

Latest posts