• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Carry in, carry out...

tomjulio

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hello my fellow disc golfers, it's been awhile....but now it's time to speak up.

You know that can of Monster/Bud Light lime/Zima or bottle of Gatorade/Evian/Coors Strawberry you hauled onto the course, you know, like when it was full? Yeah, well if you don't see a trash can anywhere near by TAKE THE MOTHER ****ING THING OFF THE GOD DAMN STINKING MOTHERFING COURSE WITH YOU YOU LAZY PIECE OF CRAP WUSS POT OF A LOSER MAKING SOMEONE ELSE DO YOUR JOB CAUSE YOU'RE TOO ****ING LAZY TO TAKE SOMETHING LIGHTER THAN WHAT YOU BROUGHT ON THE COURSE OUT WITH YOU!!!! CRUSH THAT CAN OR PLASTIC BOTTLE UNDER YOUR WUSS FEET, TAKE THAT SIX PACK OF EMPTY BOTTLES AND TOSS IT IN YOUR KIA, JUST DON'T LEAVE IT BY A SIGN POST THINKING SOMEONE ELSE WANTS TO DEAL WITH YOUR CRAP! YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FROM FROM THE COURSE,HELL, BANNED FROM LIFE!!!!! YOU SHOULD BE MADE TO WATCH THE NOTEBOOK WITH YOUR MOTHER****ING MOM TWENTY TIMES ON A FRIDAY ****ING NIGHT!!! STOP MOTHER****ING LITTERING!!!!

...so in essence, quit being lazy disc golfers, it's you that perpetuate the poor stereotype that we all fight against. Now go out and enjoy your day by chucking some plastic in a field.

Much love,
Tomjulio

Unfortunately, I'd be willing to bet most of the people who leave litter on courses won't see this.

You ain't lyin. I backpack and never leave a bottle cap or cig butt.

That said, this will be the most one sided argument of the day. Even if someone on here throws their trash everywhere, they won't get up and say it. Like saying 'I beat my wife and kids'...

...Now go out and enjoy your day by chucking some plastic in a field...

And make sure to take it with you when you're done!

Seriously though, well said. I have picked up trash at my local pitch and putt to the garbage can on the next hole, only to come back through playing another round to find MORE trash on the ground. So frustrating.

I always carry a grocery bag for others trash while playing and my daughter is a great helper. No tree hugger is more fierce than a 6 year old with a directive.

Our crowd at Orgeon Park is a good clean group 90% of the time. I see more water bottles half full left by accident than anything.

One beautiful park I played that had a garbage problem was Grignon Park in Kuakana (sp?) WI, guys you have a great park, keep it clean.

Places I can always find a trash bag should we inadvertently run out:

1. Fishing vest
2. Saltwater fishing lure bag
3. DG bag

Coincidence? Methinks not...:\

Worse are the asshats throwing their crap deep into the woods. If you're going to be an idiot at least leave your stuff where I can easily grab it.

It truly amazes me how people think it's OK to chuck crap in the rough just because there's not a trash can near them.

The answer is more trash cans

Players are more apt to pick up trash and put in a nearby trash can then they are to pick up garbage and carry it for 18 holes

Its not morality its reality

Lecturing never works

I couldn't have said it better myself, been wanting to for a while, but couldn't say it any better.

Picked up, and threw away, a Bud Light can at Bill Fredrick Park on Monday morning, even with all of their NO LITTERING Signs, including ones right at THE FIRST TEE!!

If you can carry it in full, why can't you carry it out empty? :doh:

I could have tracked down someone by the trail of tootsie roll wrappers that were left on the ground at Valley View in Altoona, PA one time. Seriously? How hard is it to put that crap in your pocket?

I played doubles with some locals at Bayville in VA Beach a few years ago. The guys that I was with "lit up" very carefully, and tactfully, being sure not to make a spectacle of themselves. It was odd to hear the one guys go off when he saw an empty beer bottle in a ditch on the course. He jumped down into the ditch, picked up the bottle, and threw it away. I was very impressed by his diligence in not only being a considerate "smoker", but also a considerate keeper of the park.

The usual problem with trash cans is that often on a disc golf course, they'd have to be put in areas that are far from the road/street where the trash is collected from, and often the parks department doesn't have the resources to hire people to drag these receptacles from these areas, consolidate them, and take them back. That job often falls to volunteers. When this job isn't done, these receptacles overflow.

The one exception I've ever seen to this was at Bryant Lake in the Twin Cities where they actually had a vehicle collecting receptacles at each teebox and replace them with empty ones.

That being said, I've seen no shortage of instances where there were trash receptacles present and still plenty of litter within 50 feet of them. Some folks truly are that lazy.

The answer is more trash cans

Players are more apt to pick up trash and put in a nearby trash can then they are to pick up garbage and carry it for 18 holes

Its not morality its reality

Lecturing never works

You've played in both the Charlotte and Cincinnati areas and believe what you wrote? :confused:

My favorite was the course I played recently (review upcoming... stay tuned) that had trash cans on nearly every teepad... And I STILL filled my bag with trash a couple of times.

Also? "Wuss pot". Hehe.

Latest posts