• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cart build

seedlings

* Ace Member *
I decided to build a cart on the cheap because I didn't know if I'd like/use one.

attachment.php

Main compartment is a tool seat box surplus (free).
Tires are Amazon solid rubber with bearings, 5/8" ($23/pr)
Handle is 1/2" electrical conduit (free)
1/2' steel rod axle with 1/2" to 5/8" bushings ($14)
1" square steel tube for axle/front legs ($17)
1/2" bolts, nuts, etc front legs

I had a plan, but ended up part-by-part engineering… still working on how to organize the inside, but it's a start.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• E49758FB-949D-4DB1-A42E-EC325C60CE98.jpg
    E49758FB-949D-4DB1-A42E-EC325C60CE98.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 303
  • 99B72807-20DB-444C-AD67-639CA0CDC8E1.jpg
    99B72807-20DB-444C-AD67-639CA0CDC8E1.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 296
  • 36A0E3E6-D9BC-4DF7-BA90-B2871AC18581.jpg
    36A0E3E6-D9BC-4DF7-BA90-B2871AC18581.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 297
I like it!

The legs in the front - might want to put feet on them if you haven't already. Is that sturdy enough to sit on? Looks to be the right height though.

Looks like a great start to me.

I like it!

The legs in the front - might want to put feet on them if you haven't already. Is that sturdy enough to sit on? Looks to be the right height though.

Looks like a great start to me.

Thanks! The bottom of the feet is the rounded top of a lag bolt. It's plenty sturdy to sit on. I've seen manufactured carts with 1x1 legs, and figured this is't far off. Everything is a 'test' and easily improved, if necessary.

Outstanding!! I might be concerned about ground clearance, but that might be dependent on where you play. I have a GoCart and the bearings are a problem. They start to pick up sand, dirt. They need to be cleaned and greased from time to time, even replaced occasionally.

Outstanding!! I might be concerned about ground clearance, but that might be dependent on where you play. I have a GoCart and the bearings are a problem. They start to pick up sand, dirt. They need to be cleaned and greased from time to time, even replaced occasionally.

Good point. If this works out, upgrading to the zuca style tires would be easy. There are an inner and outer set of bearings that look to be self=contained and not serviceable. These are dolly tires, so they're meant for heavy loads. Hoping the heavy duty might translate to light load but dirty? Dunno. I'll be 3D printing some fenders and handle parts in the near future. I guess I didn't store the filament properly and it's brittle.

Last edited:
Nice adaptation!!!

Might need some larger wheels for ground clearance eventually, and then longer front legs to match. I bet that current height may catch on some roots/rocks.

Coldpunk is right. Need some bigger wheels for sure. and the front legs will need to be modified as well. The handle is like the fulcrum of any good cart. If that doesn't work, you're done. Needs to be able to fold/slide in.
Some assembly required. At every stop. Or you can carry a crescent wrench and 2 sets of allen wrenches.

:thmbdown:

And slap some drink holders on there, but other than all that, looks good. :hfive:

Last edited:
And a shout-out to your Fossa Skinny 2! I had an original, and eventually changed to a UPD Rebel before I knew Fossa had plans to improve the design. I think it's the best ~$100 bag on the market. I always steer people with that budget toward Fossa.

And a shout-out to your Fossa Skinny 2! I had an original, and eventually changed to a UPD Rebel before I knew Fossa had plans to improve the design. I think it's the best ~$100 bag on the market. I always steer people with that budget toward Fossa.

Initially I was going to make a simple cart to drop the Skinny onto, but I kinda wanted a seat. That still may happen.

Nice adaptation!!!

Might need some larger wheels for ground clearance eventually, and then longer front legs to match. I bet that current height may catch on some roots/rocks.

I am not a hardcore tournament player - just a 47yo hobbyist. For the two courses I play 95% of the time this clearance will be fine. But you're certainly correct there will be limitations.

Coldpunk is right. Need some bigger wheels for sure. and the front legs will need to be modified as well. The handle is like the fulcrum of any good cart. If that doesn't work, you're done. Needs to be able to fold/slide in.
Some assembly required. At every stop. Or you can carry a crescent wrench and 2 sets of allen wrenches.

:thmbdown:

And slap some drink holders on there, but other than all that, looks good. :hfive:

The handle is a work in progress. As you can see right now, there's only one bracket and the tube is held in by friction. I'm weighing options for easy removal + strength + cheap. A few more brackets and removable pins is the current plan. Drink holders and towel and misc are in the works.

Last edited:
Took two days to print the fenders and handle solid plastic. Added padding inside (welcome mats from dollar tree), and rubber feet on the front legs. Haven't played a round yet- hopefully this weekend. Also have a small bag/putter pouch and drink holders en route.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• CFA411D4-612E-4CF0-A9EE-255C9E8381A2.jpg
    CFA411D4-612E-4CF0-A9EE-255C9E8381A2.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 180
  • B81422FE-56BB-4E90-9044-011C9CA5E25E.jpg
    B81422FE-56BB-4E90-9044-011C9CA5E25E.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 182
  • D8B9242E-F285-4B8B-A89A-80D77C12BD76.jpg
    D8B9242E-F285-4B8B-A89A-80D77C12BD76.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 179
So, I threw 9 at lunch and early reporting shows carts are worth. I can throw and watch the disc fly while grabbing the handle and walking toward the lie before it lands. That's actually a bonus I never considered. I ran over every root, rock, curb, rut, and hill I could find. Clearance and navigation are good. Not bending to grab a bag? Priceless.

Definitely need a little more cubby storages, which should be addressed with when the water bottle holder and putter pouch/bag arrive.

Now to throw a bit of strategically placed paint, and wait for the decals to arrive (thanks Ray1970!).