• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Castle Hayne, NC (Wilmington)

Let me interject some facts in to your mind Disc Junkie... I realize the club and the county want the wall, I realize the insurance bull**** is why the wall was taken down. none of your facts change my feelings on the subject which are....

"yea it's all ****ing bull****, that hole is doomed. eventually it'll be a big ass slope and ruin the entire area for disc golf, they'll have to stick a hole in somewhere else to make up for it."

Let me interject some facts in to your mind Disc Junkie... I realize the club and the county want the wall, I realize the insurance bull**** is why the wall was taken down. none of your facts change my feelings on the subject which are....

"yea it's all ****ing bull****, that hole is doomed. eventually it'll be a big ass slope and ruin the entire area for disc golf, they'll have to stick a hole in somewhere else to make up for it."

Mmmm. Well, okay.
Now you can tell us something we didn't know.

In the meantime, come on down and enjoy it while you can.
Seriously, we've got quite a few years before it get unplayable.
By every estimate I've heard, 5-10 years.

I believe the Castle Hayne club will figure something out before that happens, though. I have faith. "Necessity is the mother of invention." - Plato.

my goal wasn't to bring any new facts to the table, i believe that was yours. my goal was to bitch and moan about how ****ed up society is.

The only way they can save that fairway is if they completely fill in that ditch but I don't know if that's feasible with the train track, water's got to go somewhere. It just pisses me off that an already flat course is going to get it's neat elevation ruined b/c of some insurance BS.

The only way they can save that fairway is if they completely fill in that ditch but I don't know if that's feasible with the train track, water's got to go somewhere. It just pisses me off that an already flat course is going to get it's neat elevation ruined b/c of some insurance BS.

They're a bunch of smart guys. They'll figure something out.

my goal wasn't to bring any new facts to the table, i believe that was yours. my goal was to bitch and moan about how ****ed up society is.

I agree that the world is upside-down when it is better to let people slide and fall down some "natural" slope, than it is to give them wooden steps and a protective wall.
I hate even looking at #12 as it is now. Such a stupid waste.
I guess my point is that we should blame the guilty (insurance weenies) instead of the innocent (Parks & Rec).

I still believe the problem can be remedied, but a wall is no longer an option.

Isn't the picnic tables at the shelters higher than 16"? Someone needs to stand on the seat and fall and hurt themselves, then sue the P&R. In a settlement, have hole 12 put back permanently. :|

I'll volunteer. I'll male sure Imdont have any disc golf stuff on me do they they don't target the golfers. :thmbup:

Don't forget that they made the club purchase a $1 million insurance policy to host any event (i.e. doubles, monthlies, etc.). Sadly I feel like that trend will begin to spread through most clubs in the nation. Can't blame the county though, they have to cover their backs somehow and insurance is the way I guess.

Latest posts