• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] CD3 Incoming!

The CD3/PDX combo is great for me. These discs cover distance lines beyond what I can hit with my FD's. I have a Konopiste Open C-Line that is great for hyzer flips and anhyzers, and an S-Line that has been in the bag for a while now and is just starting to fly straight/stable. I pair those with an S-Line PDX that is for the same shots as the CD3, but I know won't turn over. CD3's and PDX booted PDs from my bag.

Anyone throwing CD3's in both S-line and C-line? Are C-lines noticeably more overstable, per the usual plastic stability difference for other Innova/Discmania molds?

Anyone throwing CD3's in both S-line and C-line? Are C-lines noticeably more overstable, per the usual plastic stability difference for other Innova/Discmania molds?

I had but did not throw a penned c-cd3, the older penned c-cd3 are straight up understable, not far from a longer star Roadrunner.
The embossed one had higher PLH than my Swirlies and they're beef.

I had but did not throw a penned c-cd3, the older penned c-cd3 are straight up understable, not far from a longer star Roadrunner.
The embossed one had higher PLH than my Swirlies and they're beef.

Oh wow. That's a ton of variation. I might just stick with S-lines then.

DD certainly isn't. cd3 is a Wraith. It's not like a Wraith. It's a Wraith. Sorry.

CD3's official measurements are different than a Wraith's, it feels different in the hand, and it generally flies with significantly less stability than most Wraiths. It's a good complement to a Wraith, but it is certainly not identical to one. Blindfold me and hand me a Wraith and CD3, and I can tell you which one is which.

Bump to this post.

I just ordered an S-line CD3 to help out Colton and Kona with their fundraising. I have never looked into these, or have any idea how they fly. I asked him for a comparison in the Innova lineup and he said "straighter wraith".

Some of the latest threads on this post make it sound as if it was way less stable than a Wraith. Anyone who has experience with this mold how do you think it flies?

Currently the "long driver" category for me is a pop-top S-TD, PD, and Culverin all three of those discs average around 350-370 comfortably, and when needed, can be pushed to around 400ft (TD/Culverin, not the PD).

Bump to this post.

I just ordered an S-line CD3 to help out Colton and Kona with their fundraising. I have never looked into these, or have any idea how they fly. I asked him for a comparison in the Innova lineup and he said "straighter wraith".

Some of the latest threads on this post make it sound as if it was way less stable than a Wraith. Anyone who has experience with this mold how do you think it flies?

Currently the "long driver" category for me is a pop-top S-TD, PD, and Culverin all three of those discs average around 350-370 comfortably, and when needed, can be pushed to around 400ft (TD/Culverin, not the PD).

Straighter Wraith is a pretty fair generality. It also flies a bit slower IMO. The rim is clearly a bit narrower than a Wraith, even though they are both classified as Speed 11. Most Wraiths I've thrown have been domier than my CD3's, too. I'm guessing you will get a similar flight shape as your culverins, just a bit longer.

I'm guessing you will get a similar flight shape as your culverins, just a bit longer.

Hopefully you are correct! The Culverin has been a staple in the bag since release and has probably one of my favorite shot shapes, a little extra distance would be sweet! I will report back when I get my hands on it and am able to try it out.