• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central and Northern WI June-July 2022

Flyguy46

Par Member
Premium Member
Well, I am excited to be traveling to Boulder Junction, Wisconsin the last week of June and the first week of July for a family reunion. My son and I want to try a bunch of different courses while there. I wanted to reach out to all you beautiful people for suggestions on courses that are "Must" Plays and courses that are "Shout Outs".

If anyone wants to join us we would be super stoked to meet some of you as well.

As my plans solidify I will add more to this thread.

Wilderness is wonderful. Looks like a few good 'uns near Boulder Junction.

But Highbridge Hills is less than 60 miles away. Just sayin' :D

Are your driving from Colorado or you flying into the Twin Cities??

Are your driving from Colorado or you flying into the Twin Cities??

Current plan is to fly into the Twin Cities, rent a car, drive to Marshfield to hang with some high school buddies and then head North to Boulder Junction.

I will have my wife and kids with me. Best part is my son will be 8 and is super excited to play a few new courses.

Highbridge is absolutely amazing. Not sure how much the little guy would enjoy it though. Very long courses, save for Woodland. Right by Copper falls too, which I hear is beautiful.

I'd strongly recommend Sandy Point. One my favorites in the state. It has shorter holes that would be more enjoyable for a kid, but is still challenging. Good elevation and pretty much entirely wooded. An absolute gem of a course. Should check all the boxes. Can't recommend this enough.

Bonus points for it being right by Brandy Lake DGC. This one has pretty much all really short holes, but is really fun and nicely wooded. It's been years since I played it, but it was a surprisingly fun 18 holes.

Current plan is to fly into the Twin Cities, rent a car, drive to Marshfield to hang with some high school buddies and then head North to Boulder Junction.

I will have my wife and kids with me. Best part is my son will be 8 and is super excited to play a few new courses.

Well. If driving over from the twin cities, you would pass right through my backyard. I'm only 7 minutes off of 94. If you're interested in bagging a few courses along your drive, there are a few courses in Menomonie that are pretty decent and wouldn't be out of your way more than a few minutes. Wakanda park is a decent (although somewhat unspectacular) course that is also a big city park, big playground and small animal park (buffalo and elk) that would make a decent stop traveling with family.
Bonus is that the front 9 ends at the playground of the little guy is getting bored of disc. That's usually where I lose my son lol.

Menomonie middle school has an 18 that's pretty nice, fairly short, and a quick play. My son and I play that one often.
Brickyard is also a really neat and very well done 9er.

Eau Claire WI has the tower ridge courses which are super fun, but a slog with the little one with.

Over towards Marshfield, there are a few awesome courses. Wolfhaley should be able to fill you in better on the ones over that way. I've only ever played Big Eau Pleine over that way, but that was one of my favorite courses I've played.

Up north though, the answer is Highbridge Hills, without a doubt.

if you want the kids to have a good time too i would look at sandy point and brandy lake which are great wi wooded and shorter courses

highbridge if you really wanna party

however it will be damm near criminal if you fly into the tc and dont stop at one of the great courses there

if you are into baggin states you could stop in at the tailings in mi

its in a rough neighborhood tho

if you want the kids to have a good time too i would look at sandy point and brandy lake which are great wi wooded and shorter courses

highbridge if you really wanna party

however it will be damm near criminal if you fly into the tc and dont stop at one of the great courses there

Already said all that brah :D

What would you suggest though for the twin cities? If one only had minimal time in the area :popcorn:

I've still only played about half of them over there. Slowly chippin' away at them.

Thank you all for your responses. I am looking at all of the suggestions right now. Unfortunately, some of the stops will be dependent on the wife and 6 year old girl. But I am getting all these on my wish list and hopefully will be able to get out with a bunch of you while there as well.

Thank you all for your responses. I am looking at all of the suggestions right now. Unfortunately, some of the stops will be dependent on the wife and 6 year old girl. But I am getting all these on my wish list and hopefully will be able to get out with a bunch of you while there as well.

what you considering rn

If your disc golfing up near Boulder Junctions, can't go wrong with Brandy Lake and Sandy Point combo but, i'd offer up Rookery Run, its a touch harder than Sandy Point but, it does offer up two different tee pads.(easier pads for your son)

If your disc golfing up near Boulder Junctions, can't go wrong with Brandy Lake and Sandy Point combo but, i'd offer up Rookery Run, its a touch harder than Sandy Point but, it does offer up two different tee pads.(easier pads for your son)

Going to look up Rookery Run as well. Pretty stoked to be planning for a few courses. Best part for me is more the fact that we are going for play not course bashing although for my son it will give him something to look forward to.

I'm in the Stevens Point area so if you want to hit some courses in that area let me know. I would put Standing Rocks in my top 10 list (for me its way higher than Wilderness), Big Eau Pleine is a nice course too.

I would love to hook up And throw some disc in Point. I will be in Marshfield for about a week. Please stay in contact as I am super stoked to play Standing Rocks and Big Eau Pleine! Thanks Doc13!

Don't think anyone mentioned this but if you go up to Sandy Point, make sure to bag Rookery Run on the way up or down..

Also, if you're in central WI I HIGHLY recommend Yulga or Standing Rocks in Stevens Point.. Or both if you got time.

Latest posts