• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] CFR Champion Glow Tern

ForNeveR

I picked up a CFR Champion Glow Tern (Tulsa Disc Sports Association stamp) off DDGA about a year ago, and I absolutely fell in love with it. They are super flat and every bit as stable as my Destroyers with the added benefit of more glide.

Trouble is, they seem to be impossible to track down, and it's time to start cycling in backups. I picked up 2 more through auctions over the year and even found a brand new misprint at Play It Again, but I would like more. Ideally I'd like to have at least 3 in the bag and 5 or so in reserve. I keep my ear to the ground on the auction sites but I'd much rather cut out the middleman and buy in bulk if possible.

I have contacted the TDSA via their website, Facebook, and even calling the local pro shop to no avail. Anyone have any leads?

I've got one... Battle of Seattle stamp if I remember correctly.

I've only ever seen CFRs. I'm sure once tournament season picks up again there will be more floating around out there. If there's someone who runs tournaments in your area you could ask them to order like 5-10 for you (but buy all the ones you order - don't leave the TD hanging if they can do it for you!)

They have factory second champ glow Terns in the Innova Factory Store.

I have an F2 Champion Glow Tern, and IMHO this is the way to go to get more Champion Glow Terns. Good discs. Only problem is having to order them from the Proshop, so see what else you need and try to place an order that kills the exorbitant Proshop shipping costs.

I have an F2 Champion Glow Tern, and IMHO this is the way to go to get more Champion Glow Terns. Good discs. Only problem is having to order them from the Proshop, so see what else you need and try to place an order that kills the exorbitant Proshop shipping costs.

What is so exhorbitant about $6 flat rate shipping? That's $2 per disc if you're getting 3.

Y'all is whiny about paying for the mail.

What is so exhorbitant about $6 flat rate shipping? That's $2 per disc if you're getting 3.

Y'all is whiny about paying for the mail.

$7 for one disc is exorbitant. It's actually ridiculous. And $6 for two discs is exorbitant, as well. And if someone doesn't want to order a ton of discs to get to that very high $75 threshold, they're screwed.

That's not 'whiny', that's calling out the Proshop for their abusive shipping costs, and warning citizens about the Proshop's attempt to fleece them in shipping costs.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I appreciate the advice. I checked out discgolfcenter in my travels along the interwebz looking for these things. Only problem is, I can't tell if they're flat and I definitely prefer them flat. Same problem with the Pro Shop, you never know what you're getting, especially F2's.

I may go the dealer route. I'm good friends with the local shop owner, so I'll see what he can get his hands on. And I'd never leave him hanging. In face, I'll probably buy more than necessary, haha...

Wade from DGC answers questions on DGCR here. You can tell him what you are looking for and he's good about checking his stock.

Wade from DGC answers questions on DGCR here. You can tell him what you are looking for and he's good about checking his stock.

Good idea. One can also call on the phone or get on the DGC website and send a message. The times I've done that, I've gotten a reply very quickly.

I'll also confirm that I've emailed DGC before with questions about specifics of a disc, got a reply, and was shipped exactly what I was looking for like I had picked it out in person.

I've been bagging glow terns for I think three years now.

Finding OS glows is a huge pain. It really has nothing to do with the dome though. I've had domey glows that are destroyer like. I wish these were easier to find. My fave driver ever.

Latest posts