• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Check out my custom mini

spitfire

Eagle Member
I just finished this up today. I use Polyester Resin along with some Pearl powders and pour it all into a mold and swirl the colors. Once it cures I turn it on the lathe. I had this idea for a while but just had time to work on it. I plan to do a few more sine this one came out good.

What do you think?
Front
silverorangemini1.jpg

Back
silverorangemini2.jpg

By dumb luck it came out to be the same size as a typical mini. I knew it would be close but not that close. I didn't take any measurements during turning it.
silverorangemini3.jpg

I start sanding at 220 then 320 from there I wet sand with 400 then go to 1500-12000 grit wet sand. Then polish with plactic polish.

Sick!, it lloks alot like some blown glass minis that have been circulating around here

rusch_bag said:
Are you planning on selling them and if so how much for one?

I really am not sure yet. I thought about it but it wouldn't be a cheap mini that's for sure. To much time involved. I casted 2 more tonight and will turn them as soon as I have a chance. If I can get a little quicker with my process then I should be able to turn them out and offer them at a decent price.

I am willing to hear offers. If anybody is interested in any of the mini's I post up shoot me a PM.I have 2 more ready to turn in the next few days.

I am not sure yet. i had somebody else ask me as well. i am going to get a kitchen scale and find out. Once I do I will report back.