• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Check out my custom mini

Well it started as pink and black but kinda turned pink/purple when all was done. (see the new post I made with 2 new minis in it)

I did have a chance to weigh the orange one. The mini I used for comparison weighed 35 grams, the mini I made was around 85-90 grams.

spitfire said:
ChUcK said:
How does it fly, that's what I want to know.

This is not meant for throwing.

So? Televisions weren't meant for throwing either, but that never stopped Keith Moon. Give the thing a toss already!

ChUcK said:
spitfire said:
ChUcK said:
How does it fly, that's what I want to know.

This is not meant for throwing.

So? Televisions weren't meant for throwing either, but that never stopped Keith Moon. Give the thing a toss already!

I don't want to risk breaking it. Next time I am at the course I will throw it "softly" as see what happens.

JR said:
If it won't survive a material change perhaps?

I could look into a material change but I doubt it. When I made this is was for the intention of using it as a marking mini only and really to have something that nobody else has.

I am down for making some for people but I really don't want to have to get into the technical part of disc making trying to make sure each custom disc is supper durable at the same time creating a very consistent flite out of each disc. That would really just be to time consuming.

They would make great trophies for tournaments and great prizes as well.

Check what spitfire just made up for me 8)

dgdavemini1.jpg

dgdavemini2.jpg

It's kinda funny that your lathe center looks like an injection mold nipple.
Actually, I guess I'm probably only one of 2 people that thinks that is funny.

I always think about that everytime I make one. The green one shows it the most, the rest of them are not that noticeable.

marmoset said:
It's kinda funny that your lathe center looks like an injection mold nipple.
Actually, I guess I'm probably only one of 2 people that thinks that is funny.

someone let me take a gander at one of these puppies the other day. it is quite the mini. feels amazing, and is definitely on my future buy list :D

koyok23 said:
someone let me take a gander at one of these puppies the other day. it is quite the mini. feels amazing, and is definitely on my future buy list :D
:mrgreen: someone in the Austin area who has bought a mini and works in an environment that is heavily trafficked by disc golfers, perhaps some kind of disc golf retail store :lol:

my random sampling of golfers indicates that nobody in the world would NOT love this mini :D

Here are 2 custom orders I just completed for members here. I tried a new mixing style and I think it worked pretty well.
worldmini1.jpg

worldmini2.jpg

worldmini3.jpg

orangebluemini1.jpg

orangebluemini2.jpg

orangebluemini3.jpg

Roy said:
Very nice. Those members must have great taste. :p

Actually to much great taste.........it is getting harder for me to ship these things away :lol:

I really wanted to keep yours for myself :twisted:

Latest posts