• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chuckdisc09 The New Cubby?

If it were truly that easy then Ace Races wouldn't be won with metal hits only all over the country.

Not saying it's "cool" or anything but I can almost guarantee that 90% of us could throw 50 shots at a 150' hole and not get one. 50% of us probably wouldn't even hit metal once.

(the truth is unless you gave me a stack of 50 discs I would lose interest after having to walk down and collect my 3-4 discs to shoot again)

Dave loves to tell this story.

I can't recall who it was that called the foot fault but people were on him the rest of the weekend. :D

After that it was an unwritten rule to never call a foot fault on Greenwell.

For the record (because I know how people on here can be) Greenwell did not have a habit of foot faults.

Years ago during a Supertour event I was TD for Dave Greenwell was called for a foot fault on hole #2 when he teed off.
Warning and a re-throw.
His re-throw went in the basket and was recorded as a 1 on the score card.

Just sayin'. :D

Exactly - a 1 on the card is an ace. In this case, it's as if the first throw never happened.

If it had been the other way around (the foot fault throw went into the basket), we wouldn't call that an ace - right?

Likewise, if he had foot-faulted previously and had been given a stroke in addition to the re-throw, the result would have been a 2 on the card and thus not an ace...

Exactly - a 1 on the card is an ace. In this case, it's as if the first throw never happened.

If it had been the other way around (the foot fault throw went into the basket), we wouldn't call that an ace - right?

Likewise, if he had foot-faulted previously and had been given a stroke in addition to the re-throw, the result would have been a 2 on the card and thus not an ace...

You can do "what ifs" all day, the fact is the second throw went in and was recorded as a 1.

That guy isn't even half way to my ace count.

Trying to figure out which is worse - the guy who feels the need to film himself throwing over and over and over in order to claim that he has a whole bunch of aces or the need to state this fact...

Of course, if this post in tongue-in-cheek, then I retract the previous statement. I can never tell with Chris, which I suppose is part of his charm.

Trying to figure out which is worse - the guy who feels the need to film himself throwing over and over and over in order to claim that he has a whole bunch of aces or the need to state this fact...

Of course, if this post in tongue-in-cheek, then I retract the previous statement. I can never tell with Chris, which I suppose is part of his charm.

actually I am the worse of the two evils. I used to drive hours to win big $$$ ace pots and I succeeded often. Now I rarely ace. I still hit a lot of baskets but they don't stick. I'll blame it all on the new high speed drivers and their sharp edges. Stupid Nukes.

actually I am the worse of the two evils. I used to drive hours to win big $$$ ace pots and I succeeded often. Now I rarely ace. I still hit a lot of baskets but they don't stick. I'll blame it all on the new high speed drivers and their sharp edges. Stupid Nukes.

Someone doesn't want to admit they are getting old :D.

Here you go pick you out a good one.
canes-and-crutches.gif

I have about 35 aces, I got one last year, it was my first ace in 15 years. :\

He'd get one of those bull-dong canes, who you kiddin' foo'

*with a brass cobra head handle with ruby eyes.

If your shot from the tee goes in, its a ace. I never seen or heared of any distance limit. It's the definition of what a ace is.

Your consideration =/= general definition of the word.

So he can define what an ace is for himself but I can't? How does that make sense? I personally don't consider anything but my first shot to be a legit chance at an ace. If I'm just emptying my bag at each hole that's practice. To me. Like I said he can call it whatever he wants. I also thought I read on this forum somewhere about a shortest hole length in sanctioned events being 120 ft. Maybe not.

I would modify this to say that if your first shot from the tee during a normal round goes in than it is an ace. An ace is a "1" on your scorecard, not any throw that goes in the basket from the tee. If you are throwing multiple times from the tee then you aren't really keeping score - you are practicing, and if one of your practice shots goes in then all I think you can say is that you finally figured out how to throw that hole.

That's why the term "fairway ace" is silly - you made a long throw, that's nice, but to refer to it in any way as an ace is colloquial and incorrect. Is a long putt an "outside the circle ace"?

Thank you. Exactly. It's not an ace if he's just emptying his bag at it. That's practice. It's an ace if he steps up and hits it first shot. That's the general acceptance of the term.

Reality Check...

Is this really surprising with screen name like Chuckdisc09 ? :confused:

Latest posts