• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Had to stop watching Simon's You Tube stuff.

Mr.Big.Shot

Why is it that every single time somebody on Simon's channel start's their backswing, Simon runs his pie hole? I played a round with a guy that did that and now I look at a motor mouth during your back swing as rude. What say DGCR? I'm too sensitive?

He did it much more this year. Drew Gibson casually pointed it out once and Simon said he was just talking to the camera.

Personally I could do without it. There is plenty of time to talk between shots.

I wonder whats up with Simon. .his last video was two week ago and he ended that one with "see you all in two days". . . and then nothing, he went silent in the middle of Vmas

If you're going to have your own channel on disc golf, you better be doing some commentary. In the past year Simon spoke to the camera during someone's backswing and was no big deal whoever it was he was playing with, and Simon also explain that during tournaments people are fidgeting and talking as well during your swing, that person shook their head up and down as in yes, can't remember who that was. pretty easy to pick that out watching Tournament videos in the gallery including other players and caddies.

Drew Gibson does a far better job with commentary than Simon. I thought it was funny that he complained about Simon when not too long ago he spoke to the camera during someone's putting and the guy missed. Drew was the first time I seen somebody get upset by a commentary by The Host. To me considering the content it's a nothing Burger.

I'm a bigger fan of Simon over Drew but I get far more better information by Drew over Simon.

I wonder whats up with Simon. .his last video was two week ago and he ended that one with "see you all in two days". . . and then nothing, he went silent in the middle of Vmas
That video of him in the park throwing those time lapses, the trail and a few others. he spoke about some back pain and I was wondering about him getting a little bit burnt out. Watching that video I thought he should probably take about a month off.

Boy....look at where my game has gone. We are getting worked up about someone we don't know, talking while someone else we don't know, is throwing. I find the whole need for silence in our game, a vestige of golf that is not needed or crucial. In all games or sports, striving to own my game, has been a focus. I aim to not worry about what others are doing.

I just finished watching the World Dart Championships.....undoubtedly a game of precision and concentration. The crowd is going berserk, screaming, singing, chanting, dressing up in absurd costumes and jumping around drunk. They seem to be able to stay focused and pump 180's in. I am not advocating competition with shenanigans in play, but I do advocate letting pros police themselves.

So....another vote for being too sensitive. :p

Not fer nuthin but, he gets pretty testy when people talk while he's throwing. There were a couple of GK skins times it happened with Calvin.
I think it was a GK Skins match last year where Simon missed a putt, and then rocketed a throw over the basket in disgust, which sailed over a cameraman's head and missed him by less than an inch.

I lost a bit or respect for Simon that day.

I think it was a GK Skins match last year where Simon missed a putt, and then rocketed a throw over the basket in disgust, which sailed over a cameraman's head and missed him by less than an inch.

I lost a bit or respect for Simon that day.
Losing respect for a guy you don't know rocketing an anger shot over the head of a cameraman you don't know. ;)

Why is it that every single time somebody on Simon's channel start's their backswing, Simon runs his pie hole? I played a round with a guy that did that and now I look at a motor mouth during your back swing as rude. What say DGCR? I'm too sensitive?
Personally, it bothers me a lot when someone talks or makes noise when I am throwing. I prefer the etiquette where everyone tries to keep quiet when somebody is throwing. I get distracted easily - I remember a couple times where a loud, unexpected noise while I was throwing actually caused me to turn my head toward the sound in the middle of my throw, and of course it went very badly both times. I am a newer player, and it takes a lot of focus for me to get things right when I throw. But, a guy I play with a lot says it doesn't bother him any at all if there is noise or talking when he is throwing.

Besides golf rules, what other sport makes sure the gallery is quiet? Tennis, bowling, darts maybe? Wonder what makes one sport noise nazis and others more than happy to have screaming, cheering and clapping.

Latest posts