• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Had to stop watching Simon's You Tube stuff.

I got scolded by The Champ for talking off in the distance while he was putting during the infamous Scott Stokely foot fault round at Pittsburgh Worlds. So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Gunga galunga, gunga gunga lagunga.

Big hitter, the Lama

Yes, it was during a skins match when Simon was on the pad and Luke and Zach Melton were saying something and Simon said something snarky and gave them the stink eye. Luke and Zach exchanged a look like who pooped in his corn flakes. Then I saw he does it during every back swing on his channel. OK, his channel but it;s MY entertainment. I hold the power, (remote control)).

One thing I'd like to see Simon do is jam on that Gibson SG he won in Nashville but I'll opt for other viewing options for DG until he controls that chatter. Insightful and informative it may be.

I got scolded by The Champ for talking off in the distance while he was putting during the infamous Scott Stokely foot fault round at Pittsburgh Worlds. So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
It sounds like the champ was a bit of a wanker on that day.

Yes, it was during a skins match when Simon was on the pad and Luke and Zach Melton were saying something and Simon said something snarky and gave them the stink eye. Luke and Zach exchanged a look like who pooped in his corn flakes. Then I saw he does it during every back swing on his channel. OK, his channel but it;s MY entertainment. I hold the power, (remote control)).

So why are you telling us about it? Stop watching it and move on with your life. You telling me you don't like Simon's content isn't going to make me dislike or stop watching his content too. If your intent is to smudge the reputation of Simon and this is all you have, better re think your plan, friend.

Personally, it bothers me a lot when someone talks or makes noise when I am throwing. I prefer the etiquette where everyone tries to keep quiet when somebody is throwing. I get distracted easily - I remember a couple times where a loud, unexpected noise while I was throwing actually caused me to turn my head toward the sound in the middle of my throw, and of course it went very badly both times. I am a newer player, and it takes a lot of focus for me to get things right when I throw. But, a guy I play with a lot says it doesn't bother him any at all if there is noise or talking when he is throwing.
I came to DG from a history of playing ball golf. There, everyone I knew played with honor and etiquette. As a sportsman, that means you WANT your competitor to play the best round of their life. You actively encourage their success as well as your own.

Concentration is not a completely conscious or subconscious action. You have the ability to willfully focus to a certain extent, but beyond that, you are at the whim of the distractions of your environment. Different people have different thresholds of what is required to distract themselves from their conscious, willful concentration. For some people, they can envision themselves in a universe with nothing but themselves, the disc, and the basket. For others, they are uniquely attuned to their surroundings in a way that cannot be simply severed by choice. As much as I hate the comparison, consider how reactive to the environment a deer is compared to a bear.

Knowing that, if you seek to play with honor and etiquette, you should do what it takes to get the best round out of your competitor. That means not becoming a distraction.

A round of disc golf can last hours. The actual amount of time spent lining up a shot and throwing is in the minority. If you cannot control your need to make noise for the betterment of the game and your competitors, you do not play with honor or etiquette. That means you're just throwing a frisbee in the woods, not playing as a sportsman. Which is fine, if you don't do things like count strokes.

The only thing more annoying than people who don't understand social etiquette are people who get all aspie about other people's behavior.

Besides golf rules, what other sport makes sure the gallery is quiet? Tennis, bowling, darts maybe? Wonder what makes one sport noise nazis and others more than happy to have screaming, cheering and clapping.
all mentioned are individual sports (tennis can be played doubles, yes, but that is not the primary form of competitive tennis)

So why are you telling us about it? Stop watching it and move on with your life. You telling me you don't like Simon's content isn't going to make me dislike or stop watching his content too. If your intent is to smudge the reputation of Simon and this is all you have, better re think your plan, friend.
lmao the only thing more tiring than Simon is his fans

Personally, it bothers me a lot when someone talks or makes noise when I am throwing. I prefer the etiquette where everyone tries to keep quiet when somebody is throwing. I get distracted easily - I remember a couple times where a loud, unexpected noise while I was throwing actually caused me to turn my head toward the sound in the middle of my throw, and of course it went very badly both times. I am a newer player, and it takes a lot of focus for me to get things right when I throw. But, a guy I play with a lot says it doesn't bother him any at all if there is noise or talking when he is throwing.
Learn to relax. You're just walking around, and playing with a plastic toy.

Latest posts