• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

Who's the guy who helped in the Revolutionary War? Ben Franklin's buddy....

Gilbert du Motier, marquis de Lafayette.

tmahan said:
You mean the bass player for Led Zep?

That's John Paul Jones. The original was Scottish and a bad motha. Famously quoted, "I have not yet begun to fight!" after his ship was blasted to hell. He indeed had not.

Little known fact; Gilbert du Motier, marquis de Lafayette played a mean harmonica. Ben Franklin would bust out the harmonium and he and Gilbert would seduce all the ladies.

Okay back on topic.

I was trying to have fun with my last write up, on a course I have played many times. But, just seemed to take a beating all day last week. I like to play a course 4-5 times to get the true feel before I write a review. Optidiscic, seemed to like it so I thought I would share it here. Not a masterpiece but, fun.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=20&mode=rev.

Oh and can someone explain to me how to make the Link just say Nockamixon and not list the whole url? Thanks, I think it just looks cleaner.

Okay back on topic.

I was trying to have fun with my last write up, on a course I have played many times. But, just seemed to take a beating all day last week. I like to play a course 4-5 times to get the true feel before I write a review. Optidiscic, seemed to like it so I thought I would share it here. Not a masterpiece but, fun.

I tried to have fun too on my last write up since the round sucked so much, but I immediately got dinged on the review. Insane thing is that almost the whole course takes place at the flat summit next to the lodge. I cannot see how anyone who plays enough rounds and takes the time to join DGCR would defend such an abysmal course from a bad rating.

Since people are tooting their own horns...

Pros: Proper signage on 6 of the 9 holes.

One of the holes is over 300'.

One of the holes is a cool downhill dogleg left with an obscured basket.

One of the holes is a tunnel shot.

Cons: The above are all the same hole.

It's funny cuz it's true....at least I thought so...

Also, if you highlight the text you want to "be the link" first, the code will appear around your text automatically.

Hillcrest in Carthage NC

"This course is like an attractive girl in your 6th grade class-- flat and needs more development but is kind of pretty and has some potential."

-by Yours Truly

Unsafe at any Speed

From my review of Wyandotte Memorial Park

Hole 6 is a disaster WAITING to happen: Fairly long, straight hole with a skate park situated approx halfway down, maybe 60' to the left of the fairway... with prevailing winds blowing in that direction... I cannot stress how well this is positioned to catch an overstable disc that gains too much altitude. It's simply a matter of time before a skater gets Destroyed, Nuked, or attacked by a Ninja. Wanted to list this above under 'pros,' but thought I'd hold off on that until they until they set up a camera and link to YouTube so we can all watch the ensuing melee.

Little known fact; Gilbert du Motier, marquis de Lafayette played a mean harmonica. Ben Franklin would bust out the harmonium and he and Gilbert would seduce all the ladies.

^This. :hfive:

Thadon on the controversial Wingfoot Lake State Park DGC:

Thadon said:
As far the tee signs are concerned, i only recall 3 or 4 of them being taller than 3ft. So unless your a midget with no common sense, you shouldn't have to worry about hurting yourself.

I liked it. People bitching about the teesigns make it sound like they put 6' tall posts in front of the teepads, when in reality it's a short stump off to the side, maybe a foot closer than it should be but not close enough to accidentally run into or anything.

From jhern's UCSC review:

"Disc golf course is impossible to navigate without a map. Maps are impossible to obtain on site."

Talk about a challenge!

RussMB's review of Liberty Park, TN

Last Pro: "FWIW: Located in a park, with playground equipment nearby, so if you are traveling as a family, one spouse can watch the kids, while the other plays."

When I first read it I thought he was saying he had 2 wives- one to watch the kids and the other to play disc golf with. Sounds like a sweet arrangement!