• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

it looked like spam to me. What was the other reviewer that kept reviewing things like "this is spam. do not report this. it will be deleted soon"? some premium user named "Schnopey" or something

I had also reported maveroke's review. I don't see how that can stay up there.

did anyone else notice that this reviewer had 47 aces today. That has to be a record.
Spam bot shot a perfect round total score = 18 aces for a 53 under par and 1332 rated round. Take that Paul McBeth!
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 7.53.35 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 7.53.35 PM.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 438
At least this one is actually 18 holes but still...

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=10082&mode=rev
Went to play this course, but the city had a big sign saying it was closed, presumably waiting for safety signage to warn pedestrian traffic of flying discs.Most of it is visible from the road though. of it though. My initial observation is some long holes with water (creek) in play on several of them...mostly open with some well placed trees, likely a 3.0, 3.5 at the very best, and a 2.5 if there aresignificant things wrong.

I'll try to play/review when I can... but it might be a while. It's about 30 min from where I work, and since the time change, there's not enough daylight after work for a round. I'd have to leave work early to squeeze a round in, and I've been pretty busy lately.

I think we need someone to look into that IP address and user profile... Three reviews worth of jibberish, all for courses with Panther in the name.

Could this be a bot?

What in wide world of sports are you talking about? We need more jibberish.... it's a lost art, kind of like scatting.:D wait a minute...... Jibberish scatting? We might be on to something Bogey. Or are they already the same thing????

Last edited:
The review is by the course designer/builder. I am guessing it was about getting out the word that the course is now open.

Great idea...:\

A designer should have more tact than that. How many people are gonna give that guy any credibility after a review like that? Just be honest. "I built this long but not difficult course that has zero elevation change and no teepads. In the future it might be a good intermediate level course." Then give it a 3 or 3.5...

Last edited:
Great idea...:\

A designer should have more tact than that. How many people are gonna give that guy any credibility after a review like that? Just be honest. "I built this long but not difficult course that has zero elevation change and no teepads. In the future it might be a good intermediate level course." Then give it a 3 or 3.5...

Shrug....I don't know the guy, nor have I gotten out to the course yet. Its just a crappy review. I think it is easy to get really wrapped up in the DGCR community and somehow place any relevance or importance on a review.

Writing a good review is kind of a talent, some have it, this guy does not. I 'm sure a couple of our "good" reviewers will get out there and put up some better info.......yup Bogey, I am talking to you. :p

At least this one is actually 18 holes but still...

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=10082&mode=rev
Just finished playing here (McClouth). Great example of any course is better than none. Excruciatingly meh...screams 2.5 to me.

Way too many, long, flat, open holes, lacks variety and imagination. Spongiest fairways I've ever played on. I might give it another go in drier weather before writing a review.

Besides, I wanna write reviews for Whippin' Post, Orange Crush and Seth Burton while they're still fresh my addled mind.

I just hate homeboy 5.0 BS. There really isn't a quality course anywhere in Detroit's downriver area.

Last edited:
"One hole is a par 5 and goes all the way through a soccer field." <-- This is an exact reason I would not rate it a 5. Or a 4. (it was in the pros)

"One hole is a par 5 and goes all the way through a soccer field." <-- This is an exact reason I would not rate it a 5. Or a 4. (it was in the pros)
After looking at the course pics, I was struggling to understand how the other reviewers even gave it 2.5s and 3s. It crosses sports fields/running track, roads and multiple times with a walking path. Not to mention it is a nearly entirely wide open 9 holer.

Last edited:
After looking at the course pics, I was struggling to understand how the other reviewers even gave it 2.5s and 3s. It crosses sports fields/running track, roads and multiple times with a walking path. Not to mention it is a nearly entirely wide open 9 holer.

I'd give it a 4 just for the map.