• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

Matt Dollar's review quote of Rotary DGC in Morristown, an HB Clark designed course.

Unfortunately whoever is calling the shots does not have a disc golf mind

:popcorn:

i haven't played this course, but i've played several HB Clark courses that have left me scratching my head.

that's the first time i've read that in a course review. :(

today's review of Gordon Barnett

Saw that too. I just heard today that they were getting the course ready for a tournament and had hoped that the course was going to be updated. It never was my favorite Orlando area course.

There was a dead deer carcass on a course I played this winter. Went back a month later and it was still there (although the gross factor was higher the second time.) I went back in the spring and the park was cleaned up and in really nice condition with no hint that a dead deer was lying out there all winter. I decided to chalk it up to winter maintenance and left it out of my review.

There was a dead deer carcass on a course I played this winter. . . . .

Same here. My drive scared a vulture cleaning the carcass into flight. And of course I missed my line and had to look for my disc in a thick cloud of stench, while controlling the dog who was absolutely begging to make a feast of rotting deer flesh. Fun times.

Carcass was picked clean in a couple-three weeks. Maybe courses should be rated on scavenger efficiency. :D

This is one instance where I have to agree with Dollar. Yesterday was the first time I played the blue layout. It was awful. The original layout (most of the yellow baskets) is a pretty fun course. The blues felt like some locals desperately wanted a longer championship course and thought 90 degree or more doglegs after every yellow basket got that accomplished. It got old fast.

Matt Dollar's review quote of Rotary DGC in Morristown, an HB Clark designed course.

:popcorn:

i haven't played this course, but i've played several HB Clark courses that have left me scratching my head.

This is one instance where I have to agree with Dollar. Yesterday was the first time I played the blue layout. It was awful. The original layout (most of the yellow baskets) is a pretty fun course. The blues felt like some locals desperately wanted a longer championship course and thought 90 degree or more doglegs after every yellow basket got that accomplished. It got old fast.

Kinda sounds like some of the things they have done to Osage Grove since you left town...A couple of those new basket locations are just longer for the sake of being longer, they do not make the holes better.

Hole 15 for example. They installed a long basket a couple years ago that made that hole a great par3 hole for open players. Then last year they added another longer basket that turns a great par3 into a ho hum par4...

They used to have to throw a 400+ fairway driver type shot to give themselves a putt for bird, now they go mid/mid or putter/mid to get a look...

Last edited:
Kinda sounds like some of the things they have done to Osage Grove since you left town...A couple of those new basket locations are just longer for the sake of being longer, they do not make the holes better.

Hole 15 for example. They installed a long basket a couple years ago that made that hole a great par3 hole for open players. Then last year they added another longer basket that turns a great par3 into a ho hum par4...

They used to have to throw a 400+ fairway driver type shot to give themselves a putt for bird, now they go mid/mid or putter/mid to get a look...

Mid - Mid was exactly what I did on the couple of holes I played smart. Should have done that for the whole course, including the par 5's: Mid - Mid - Mid. Just bite off 200 feet at a time. Or Mid - Mid - Meathook Zone on half of the holes.

Hector Chain's review of Harmon Hills...

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=3840&mode=rev#81134
Cons: Doglegs. Normally this would be a "pro" for me. When used well, they add some nice flavor to the course. But the designer here fell in love with the dogleg and never got over it, even when the dogleg said, "You need to move on! We can't be together anymore! I'm in love with another designer!". I can only think of two or three holes out of the 27 where I could see the basket from the tee. It got old. It felt like a comedian who heard people laugh and then just kept telling the same joke.

I was tempted to start a thread called Classic Review Poems but i doubt there have been more than handful this good. an entertaining read. credit to bennyX3

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=10813&mode=rev#81159

-Oh why must this ballfield have a course?
-A course for disc golfers to deplore.
-Hole 1 sucks as do two, three, and four.
-And now I shall play here nevermore

-Holes five, six, and seven, and hole eight
-Are the kinds of holes I severely hate
-Putter tosses back and forth oh Lord.
-And now I shall play here nevermore.

-Too many teepads and baskets five
-Could never ever be worth the drive
-I believe I said it twice before
-I swear I shall play here nevermore

-Open holes crossing in a small field
-Throwing culverins or westside shields
-No point in even keeping my score