• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

Slaigh just posted their first review. He/she is off to a great start with their review for Ouachita Baptist U...

Fun Fact: I almost stepped on a baby deer searching for a shanked drive in the afore mentioned grass by 15.
It declined my invitation to help search.

Well you see, I'd already been traipsing around the overgrown crap for like 20 minutes. So after stepping into the little clear spot and noticing the lil' bugger like 18" from my foot, the "Well, you wanna help me look" (or whatever my exact words were) was more an act of desperation than I'd care to admit.. :rolleyes:

That was the point it decided to hop away, which I figured was as much a 'No' as a deer could give

Last edited:
Well you see, I'd already been traipsing around the overgrown crap for like 20 minutes. So after stepping into the little clear spot and noticing the lil' bugger like 18" from my foot, the "Well, you wanna help me look" (or whatever my exact words were) was more an act of desperation than I'd care to admit.. :rolleyes:

That was the point it decided to hop away, which I figured was as much a 'No' as a deer could give

:doh::doh::doh:

Should have followed it. It was trying to lead you to your disc!

From WD09's review of Wimberley Baptist Church:

Excellent title -- Keep Driving (Especially if You Like Putting)! – and this line about the baskets – They contain less metal than a Nickelback album.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=12221&mode=rev#87523

Yea, I read his review yesterday of the course. Apparently he has known about it for years but it was not listed on this web site till I added it.

Yep, cheap baskets, but I actually enjoyed the course, it was not nearly as bad as he rated it.

Yep, cheap baskets, but I actually enjoyed the course, it was not nearly as bad as he rated it.

Well, obviously, I don't think it's as good as you rated it. :) That's why we write the reviews.

You and I have played a lot of the same places. It would be fun to play one together someday and discuss what we each think are the most important things to look for in a course.:thmbup:

Both reviews have 8 of 8 thumbs up...

I like that in terms of: it's not about the rating, but the review. If you can explain your perspective, what you value out of a course and the experience it can offer, then you should be able to rate it however you please.

Some players who's values align more with PizzaGod's will get a better experience, others might be closer to WD09. That's completely ok. People come in incredibly wide ranges of likes and dislikes, and I believe this website's greatest gift is giving players the opportunity to discover which course suits them best. The noble work of reviewing is to further the knowledge and breath of experiences to usher our companions towards wonderful experiences, or navigate them away from the more unpleasant ones.

I have come to count on bennybennybenny for both entertaining AND informative reviews. His latest entry (Etowah in Cartersville, Ga.) doesn't disappoint, including this line: "The design seems very abstract, but with a lot of effort and labor, abstract works out great. I compare it to a hot caffeinated beverage with a berry syrup. Unusual, but I love those beverages." I wish I had Benny's flair for writing. Here is the link to the complete review: https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=9420&mode=rev#87965

I've only seen this a couple times now (Benny, Discgolfcraig), but when a review starts off with "read to the tune of (name of song)" I'm reminded of the rick and morty meme "you son of a bitch, Im in"

(To the tune of "A Horse with No Name," by America. My apologies if it's been done before or if you just don't enjoy it.)

When I first got to the arroyo
I was lookin' for some kind of map
There were benches, a playground, trash cans and things
And a basket by the parking lot

From the tees I had to watch the trails with care,
Watch with a careful eye
There were joggers, bikers, dog walkers
That could be hit from the sky

I've played through the desert
Throwin' discs with no name
It felt good there in the morning time
In the desert you must remember your line