• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

From benlh15's review of Salmon Falls in NH.
"The entrance to the course takes you about a mile down a dirt road that starts to feel like the beginning of a horror movie, but don't worry, that's the right way!"

I've been there and the old cemetery after the last turn adds to that feeling.

The Valkyrie Kid again in this review of Gateway Guardians:

"Disc golfers in the area won't find much challenge or curb appeal here. Although somehow, Washington State's three biggest course whores managed to be the first three to play and review it."

hahahaha I'm a course whore, couldn't have said that better. :)

Arise, ye forsaken thread!

Read a recent review of for Ronnie Van Zant Park near Jacksonville, FL, which got me reading an much older review for the course. As some of you may know, the park is named for Lynyrd Skynrd's late front man.

Gotta give it up to reposado, who worked no less than 7 skynyrd song references into his review of the course (pretty sure I missed at least a couple).

Think I'm gonna jam to some southern rock on my ride home. :)

There are actually 11, (I think) but some are really subtle.

The Valkyrie Kid again in this review of Gateway Guardians:

"Disc golfers in the area won't find much challenge or curb appeal here. Although somehow, Washington State's three biggest course whores managed to be the first three to play and review it."

hahahaha I'm a course whore, couldn't have said that better. :)

I used to be a whore, I used to be somebody!! :\

I used to be a whore, I used to be somebody!! :\

Now you're a used up, California whore that no one wants!

I'm gonna start an Andy move back to Seattle gofundme haha

"Smells like urine about 75% of the time because there are no bathrooms. I honestly don't understand why people don't think about that before whipping it out and peeing right next to baskets."

This is from chow and his review of mineral springs in Seattle, WA.

That was my home course! If it doesn't rain, "75% of the time" is not even an exaggeration.

^ You might wanna wipe your upshot disc frequently when playing that course... :gross:

There are actually 11, (I think) but some are really subtle.

I re-read it and picked up a few I'd missed, you hid at least one in each paragraph, plus the title. :thumbup:

Last edited:
That was my home course! If it doesn't rain, "75% of the time" is not even an exaggeration.

Mineral Springs (North Park as it's known to locals) is pretty rank.

bio-tabs-250x250.jpg

I seem to remember one particular homeless dude who basically lived behind the basket on hole #5 up there.

I seem to remember one particular homeless dude who basically lived behind the basket on hole #5 up there.

Last time I was there he had a tent set up.

Tooting my own horn...

I'd forgotten this line from my review of Foundation Champ 18:

Thoughtfully located across the street from St Mary's Hospital, where trained medical personnel can resuscitate you after you tally your score. Staff has experience treating severely bruised egos as well.

Thx... definitely an entertaining review.

I tend to save the funny stuff for courses I hate. Ninigret, for example.

You, Davidrboy and others have me wanting to read reviews for courses I'll never play, just to read the hilarious stuff you came up with.

Heelboycraig's review of Holston Creek under the Pros section:
"Hitting the gap into the woods is no sure thing by itself. Throw in the cross breeze makes it feel like you're playing Duck Hunt and you don't want that dog (who's long dead 30 years later) laughing at you."

Latest posts