• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

Either it's the only option in 50 miles, there's a bunch of course baggers in the area, or they're all just morons :|

;)

I betting the first option, only course in 50 miles. That and what if they have two courses and better one has league and you do not like league because they only do random doubles.

Pros: Variety of shots.
Seclusion.
Centrally located.
Multiple Pin locations.
Long and Short Tee Pads.
They are currently putting in new tee pads, making them level and building retaining walls.
Cons: Only 9 holes :(
Water run-off issues here n there.
Some overgrowth here n there too.
Other Thoughts: Very challenging yet rewarding when you play good.
Its only 9 holes... so lets give it a 5.smh

...Nice typo on the end there, also.

I had read that earlier and thought "wow, Ive played over a hundred 5s. Guess I need to go back and update my ratings." I did not thumb down the review, it wasn't "redneck machismo" or "spike hyzer 23" enough.

Its only 9 holes... so lets give it a 5.smh

...Nice typo on the end there, also.

From the username, I know this guy locally. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and a pencil whipper on top of that. The course is nice, but a 5 it is not...

From the username, I know this guy locally. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and a pencil whipper on top of that. The course is nice, but a 5 it is not...

Pencil whipper or innumerate or both? Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.

Ikr? Plus it doesn't have multi pins or tees. Rubber tees and no course pics to even back it up with.

It can rival a good 18 hole course? Not elite, but good. According to this site's ratings breakdown, GOOD = 3..0. Unless it's your local course, then it's an automatic 5.0.

Frontrangehikers review of Bailey DGC in Colorado.
Also there are apparently no leash laws at this course as I watched a dog pick up my disc and bolt, by the time I caught up to the dog and owner my disc had been lost somewhere
wow that sucks.

especially on a course like Bailey!

he must really hate loosing discs. cuz natural tees and signs that apparently weren't big and obvious enough for him are a weak argument for a 2.0 rating

It can rival a good 18 hole course? Not elite, but good. According to this site's ratings breakdown, GOOD = 3..0. Unless it's your local course, then it's an automatic 5.0.

I never gave my local course the good one a 5, it got a 4.5 from me. The Lack of Elevation and openess on some of the original 9 holes can make the course play boring.

The other local course got 3.5. This is due to having to walk under a bridge to get to the seldom played 6-10, the fact some holes are so easy they are a 2 for better players. I may do a review when in the future, holes 6-9 get taken out of the course due to a Water Treatment plant that gets put in as well as a much needed new bridge taking out the easy hole 6. I hope the city finds a new place to put the Water Treatment plant, a lot of people do not want the plant in the area the city Has decided to put the Water Treatment plant.

Last edited:
I never gave my local course the good one a 5, it got a 4.5 from me. The Lack of Elevation and openess on some of the original 9 holes can make the course play boring.

The other local course got 3.5. This is due to having to walk under a bridge to get to the seldom played 6-10, the fact some holes are so easy they are a 2 for better players. I may do a review when in the future, holes 6-9 get taken out of the course due to a Water Treatment plant that gets put in as well as a much needed new bridge taking out the easy hole 6. I hope the city finds a new place to put the Water Treatment plant, a lot of people do not want the plant in the area the city Has decided to put the Water Treatment plant.

Comment wasn't about you. It was in response to this comment from one person's review of his new hometown 9-holer, "A great 9-holer can rival a good 18-holer in my book. End of discussion." A non-local TR just reviewed said course last week and gave it a 2.0.

Comment wasn't about you. It was in response to this comment from one person's review of his new hometown 9-holer, "A great 9-holer can rival a good 18-holer in my book. End of discussion." A non-local TR just reviewed said course last week and gave it a 2.0.

No but the general observation joke about locals giving a course 5 stars when only 1%-3% give a 5 star. It is odd that Local do that, even if they have played really nice courses else wear in the country, You can go back in and change your review if the local course was your first review. However some are lucky to have a 5 star or nearly 5 star course near them.